Propwash?

Born to fly
new reply
BertAtHome
Airman

Propwash?

Post by BertAtHome »

Did I see some prop-wash in one of the promotional video's?

I hope so...

This would add some realisme..

I put this plane on my wishlist

Rgrds, Bert
Image < Slow - Fast > Image

Somethingfake
Senior Airman

Re: Propwash?

Post by Somethingfake »

One time I accidentally mucked up a landing and rode a little on the grass, I did see lots of dust and grit blown about. Whether this was simply the tyres doing or the prop I'm not sure. Seeing as it's A2A, I'm thinking prop wash.
Image Image Image

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Well yes. Your tail can come up in the first 100 feet of takeoff. You can even balance this aircraft on it's wheels with the brakes on because of the prop wash.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by GlennC »

Aw heck, I misread that. I thought you were talking about the bucket of propwash was I sent to the hanger after when I first starting hanging around airports. :lol: :roll:

Glenn

CBris
Senior Airman

Post by CBris »

GlennC wrote:Aw heck, I misread that. I thought you were talking about the bucket of propwash was I sent to the hanger after when I first starting hanging around airports. :lol: :roll:

Glenn
:lol: :lol: It was a long stand from the stores, that I was sent for. I went straight back to my billet instead and had a long lie because we were fresh out of stands...

Others had to go fetch a bucket of fine pitch for the props...
Chris Brisland, aka 'Dances with paintbrushes', aka EagleSkinner

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

CBris wrote:It was a long stand from the stores, that I was sent for.
LOL...when I was but a wee spotty engineering apprentice many, many, years ago I was sent to get a 'long weight (wait)' from the stores. I went up to the storeman and asked for a long weight and he said he'd go get me one. 45 minutes later he came back to the counter and asked me what I was still doing there! So I told him that I was still waiting for the 'long weight' and he said 'You've just had it, now %$#& OFF!'. :oops:

Other apprentices were dispatched to the stores for things like 'bags of sparks for the grinder' and 'tins of striped paint' or 'left handed hammers'....oh the joys of being the new kid on the shop floor.....lol.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

*lol* That's classic. :D
Happy Landings
- Patrick

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by GlennC »

And all young medics are sent to supply for a set of fallopian tubes.

:roll: 8)

G

pj_3
Senior Airman

Post by pj_3 »

..and - while working in the British Eagle radio shop at Heathrow in the '60's we had a young 17-year-old radio apprentice who was often a target. At that time all oceanic flights carried two inflatable life rafts, and each carried a hand-cranked HF transmitter, a 600 ft coil of stranded antenna wire - and a 6ft box kite. Well - he was told to test the kite...
Now our hangars (now gone) and pan were to the left of the end of what was then 28R and we, most of the radio guys and most of the other engineering staff, plus the passengers and crews of the departing queue aircraft had a whale of a time, laughing our stupid heads off as Paddy, complete with his white shop coat flapping was seen running as hard as he could while towing this darned great yellow box kite twenty feet behind him along the grass between the pan and the taxyway. It was absolutely hilarious! It was like something that only Mr Bean would do.

pj

[email protected] on EK water, ASUS P8P67 B3 DL; EVGA GTX780; 8 gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" VA926; Homebuilt cockpit; MD-80 throttle quadrant; TrackIR5: DX10 only.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”