How best to launch the Cub - over default a/c or not?

Born to fly
new reply
Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

How best to launch the Cub - over default a/c or not?

Post by Alan_A »

Am wondering what the best way is to launch the Cub. Normally I load a flight with the default Cessna 172, then load my aircraft of choice from the aircraft menu. Have been doing that with the Cub so far and it seems fine except for my Simconnect problem (see the other thread), which probably doesn't have anything to do with when the Cub is loaded. But as a separate matter... it occurred to me that maybe, with all the things the Cub does differently, maybe it's best loaded from the free flight page, along with the flight, without first loading a default aircraft. Any consensus on which is best?
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Markoz
Senior Airman

Re: How best to launch the Cub - over default a/c or not?

Post by Markoz »

Hi Alan.

I start FSX. Select Airport + Weather + Time of Day + Aircraft (the Cub). Then I press Fly. No problems for me at all. Works fantastic! I don't start with a default aircraft first. I also select "Cold Start" in Shift+3 Panel before doing anything else.

System: Windows XP Pro SP3

I have not yet switched to Windows 7 x64 because I'm having too much fun flying the Cub. :D

Mark
Intel Core i7 3770K | 16GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX470 | 24" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 2TB HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit & Window 8 64 bit

ImageImageImage

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by some1 - A2A »

All combinations work ok, at least for me ;)
Michael Krawczyk

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

Thanks, guys. Last night I tried loading it at the start of the flight and everything was fine. Looks like I've got a new default a/c...
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”