Perfect

Born to fly
jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Perfect

Post by jcblom »

I love it!

perfect bird to explore Tamworth (and the rest of the FTX world)

FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Jake - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Perfect

Post by Jake - A2A »

Hey! it is your friend captian Jakey! I like your taste with aircraft it is the same thing as the one i went in. nice shots

From,
Captian Jakey :D

Xflyboy
Airman First Class

Post by Xflyboy »

The year wait was well worth it, absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

Hats off to Scott & Team, now back to flying!

JayKae
Airman

Post by JayKae »

It is FABULOUS, I cannot believe how awesome it is... back to flying now!

Private-Cowboy
Senior Airman

Post by Private-Cowboy »

I hope you don't mind if I chime in ...

I just love the details here (like the compass that needs a bit of time to settle). It's a bit heavier on fps than I'd hoped but that might be my system needing a restart and some tweaking.

All we need now are some aussie paints. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Private-Cowboy on 06 Sep 2009, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

Up in the Sky
Airman

Post by Up in the Sky »

Yep, it's absolutely great.. this thing somehow manages to have character from the moment you start up FSX! 8)

I also want to mention the manual.. I haven't really done more than read a couple of pages here and there in between short cursory flights, but it's clear that the manual is another shining example of A2A quality.. I love it being so extensively interesting, and a nice read to boot!

All praise to Mitchell Glicksman :!: :!:

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

"All praise to Mitchell Glicksman"

Yes, Mitchell created a masterpiece with the manual. It's full of rich content, and a wonderful read.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

gwolb
Airman

Post by gwolb »

Also, Heidi is so hot! :lol:

Alan_A
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Alan_A »

That is, without a doubt, the most amazing experience I've had, by far, in 23 years of flightsimming.

I'm totally speechless.

Thanks! seems way too weak.

How about this - you've completely changed the game.

Magnificent!
"Ah, Paula, they are firing at me!" -- Saint-Exupery

Dangerous Beans
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dangerous Beans »

Simply stunning guys, you've out done yourselves.

Took nervous Heidi up for a spin first, she didn't scream but she wasn't to impressed with my flying :D

Just got back from flying her in the Midwest Fly-in mission, loads of fun, if you havnt already give it a try.
You can either tick the box for "Enable changes in selected Mission" and change the plane once its loaded or
as I did edit the .flt file so you get the reward.
Open Missions\Just for Fun\Flyin\flyin.FLT with notepad and search for

[Sim.0]
Sim=Piper Cub

and change it to read

[Sim.0]
Sim=A2A Piper Cub

Save and go flying.
BTW it work best if you disable any addon landclass you have for the area first as it messes with some of the missions features.

Asus Strix Z270H
i7-7700K
16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
MSI GTX 1070 GamingX
Corsair H100i V2 Cooler
Corsair RM850X PSU
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv case
Asus VE276Q 27" Monitor 1920x1080
Win 10

j3flitfire
Airman

Post by j3flitfire »

Well Done Well Done two thumbs up,Scott I give this 5 out of 5 stars having many hours in a real cub you guys did one hell of a good job on this now I just need someone to paint the one like my dads flitfire nc1776 and I'm set.
Thank you all at A2A for a nother Great plane
Joe :D

Somethingfake
Senior Airman

Post by Somethingfake »

One thing I noticed after landing (and the engine was off) was that if I pushed the stick forward, the crosswind was enough to lift the tail from the gournd :lol:

I spent several minuets just playing "keepy-uppy" with my cub. How many payware companies have customers saying that?
Image Image Image

Ben6745
Airman

Post by Ben6745 »

I just purchased the cub, and it's exactly what I expected from A2A...keep up the great work :D

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Somethingfake wrote:One thing I noticed after landing (and the engine was off) was that if I pushed the stick forward, the crosswind was enough to lift the tail from the gournd :lol:
Scott, Rob and Michal made some amazing breakthroughs with the physics in FSX during the development of the Cub and it shows in the way the Cub handles.

During beta testing I got tired of trying to break it and fancied a bit of fun so I headed off to Courchevel airport in the French Alps (I have the freeware scenery and mesh which makes it nicer). I was running REX2 real weather at the time and dropped into the sim to find it was dark (I forgot to check the time :oops: ) and there was a 27 knot wind blowing at 90° to the runway! I was being blown sideways off the runway before I could even get my bearings. I managed to turn my nose into the wind and at full power the tail came right up and I was airborne in the WIDTH of the runway! Once airborne I powered down and drifted backwards across the runway and was then able to land exactly where I took off from a few seconds earlier! Just to prove to myself that it wasn't a fluke I then repeated the process several times one after the other....it was some of the best fun I have had in FSX in a long time.

I then drifted down to the two helipads and wondered if it was possible to take off from them and sure enough I found that if I went from corner to corner diagonally across the pad I could indeed take off and land back on the same pad! To say I was grinning like the proverbial Chesire Cat would be an understatement!

This Cub really does change the way FSX behaves and it's all for the better IMHO.
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Private-Cowboy wrote:
All we need now are some aussie paints. :mrgreen:
Look at my pics...
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”