Cub Options

Born to fly
new reply
bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Cub Options

Post by bullfox »

One thing I have never seen in any FSX add-on is the ability to purchase upgrades and options, just like with a real aircraft. The Cub would seem to be ideal for this. For example you could purchase an upgrade to a 90 hp engine. I know you can go into the config file and change engine specs, but I am thinking of a package that would change the engine graphics, the instruments, accusim, the air file and the config file. Some other examples would be wing fuel tanks, addon avionics and maybe even wheel pants. You could have the baisic Cub package, the accusim Cub package, and the upgraded accusim package.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Tako_Kichi
BDG & A2A

Re: Cub Options

Post by Tako_Kichi »

Hmmmm...sounds a bit like 'Pimp My Bird' to me. :lol:
Larry
E8400 Core2Duo 3 Ghz, 4 Gb DDR2 PC6400 RAM, GTX460 (1 Gb), Realtek HD O/B audio, XP Pro (SP3)
Saitek X52 HOTAS, Saitek Yoke/Throttle, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TIR 5 Pro, LG 22" WS LCD, B-K Gamer

skunker
Senior Airman

Post by skunker »

That's a great idea, bullfox. There would not be many upgrades to the Cub, though:) A 90hp engine transforms the Cub into a rocket in real life. Awesome awesome performance. Beats supercubs for take off.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

It would be a bit like pimp my bird, but the Cub is a simple airplane so some upgrades, while beyond the talents of the average simmer such as myself,, should still be relatively easy for A2A.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

maxter
Airman First Class

Post by maxter »

bullfox wrote:One thing I have never seen in any FSX add-on is the ability to purchase upgrades and options, just like with a real aircraft. The Cub would seem to be ideal for this. For example you could purchase an upgrade to a 90 hp engine. I know you can go into the config file and change engine specs, but I am thinking of a package that would change the engine graphics, the instruments, accusim, the air file and the config file. Some other examples would be wing fuel tanks, addon avionics and maybe even wheel pants. You could have the baisic Cub package, the accusim Cub package, and the upgraded accusim package.
This is a really great idea, but what I would also add is a configurator that would not only change the config of the aircraft, but would also install repaints etc.

Cheers,
Core i7 4790 | O/C 4.9 Ghz | 32GB 2xRipjaws-X 16G DDR3-1866 RAM
Gigabyte GTX980| 3 x Phillips 21"
2 V300 240gb SSD RAID OS | 2 x Barracuda 3Tb SATA3 HD's in RAID
Antec P193| Corsair 1000W
Aviation photo gallery http://www.christopherbporter.com

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Bulfox,

Well.....

We have discussed this at length already and have something in the works if the Cub is a successful product.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

maxter
Airman First Class

Post by maxter »

Scott - A2A wrote:... and have something in the works if the Cub is a successful product.
Well I can't speak for any one else in the simming community, but if the product is anywhere near the quality of the other accusim products, it will be a wonderful success... It already is in my eyes.

I have been simming since 1984/85 and without too much hyperbole, the two benchmark products today is any A2A Accusim's for aircraft and Orbx's Au series for scenery.

Cheers and all the best with it,
Core i7 4790 | O/C 4.9 Ghz | 32GB 2xRipjaws-X 16G DDR3-1866 RAM
Gigabyte GTX980| 3 x Phillips 21"
2 V300 240gb SSD RAID OS | 2 x Barracuda 3Tb SATA3 HD's in RAID
Antec P193| Corsair 1000W
Aviation photo gallery http://www.christopherbporter.com

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”