I love this little plane!

Born to fly
new reply
Kalnon
Airman First Class

I love this little plane!

Post by Kalnon »

I never thought I would enjoy this airplane being that it's so basic and so slow but boy was I wrong. Now I understand what all the fuss is about regarding the J-3 and its history. I own three A2A aircraft for FSX including the Constellation, B377 and C182 and no A2A planes for P3D yet. I recently decided to buy a new airplane after switching from FSX to P3Dv5 and finally getting it tweaked to just the way I like it which took forever for me to figure out. I came across the J-3 in the A2A store, noticed the price was very reasonable (I didn't have a lot of money to spend at the time) considering it comes with the floats, skis and tundra tire versions and the fact that I now have a lot of Orbx scenery, and REX clouds to look at while flying made me decide to give it a try. First I read the manual which is very well written just like all A2A manuals and I have to say I really enjoyed background and history written about the plane as well as the story of "The 747 captain that forgot how to fly" which I found enjoyable. Reading this stuff in the manual really helped put me in the mood to want to fly it. From my very first flight I knew I bought a fantastic airplane and I started to fall in love with it. I so very much enjoyed learning to fly each variant. I've only flown an airplane a few short times in my real life and I've never flown a J-3 but I feel that A2A has absolutely captured the spirit, elegance and beauty of this simple little plane. I now have almost 20 hours in it and I have a feeling I'll gain a lot more in the future. Thank you A2A for making another amazing and unforgettable airplane. I totally regret waiting so long to buy it.

UKJim
Senior Airman

Re: I love this little plane!

Post by UKJim »

I find some of the basic planes really take back to basics of flying and it's fun to do some VFR too following roads and landmarks. The cub is not too fast so gives you time to react.

It's my go to plane for people wanting to try my sim 👍

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”