I love this little plane!

Born to fly
new reply
Kalnon
Airman

I love this little plane!

Post Kalnon »

I never thought I would enjoy this airplane being that it's so basic and so slow but boy was I wrong. Now I understand what all the fuss is about regarding the J-3 and its history. I own three A2A aircraft for FSX including the Constellation, B377 and C182 and no A2A planes for P3D yet. I recently decided to buy a new airplane after switching from FSX to P3Dv5 and finally getting it tweaked to just the way I like it which took forever for me to figure out. I came across the J-3 in the A2A store, noticed the price was very reasonable (I didn't have a lot of money to spend at the time) considering it comes with the floats, skis and tundra tire versions and the fact that I now have a lot of Orbx scenery, and REX clouds to look at while flying made me decide to give it a try. First I read the manual which is very well written just like all A2A manuals and I have to say I really enjoyed background and history written about the plane as well as the story of "The 747 captain that forgot how to fly" which I found enjoyable. Reading this stuff in the manual really helped put me in the mood to want to fly it. From my very first flight I knew I bought a fantastic airplane and I started to fall in love with it. I so very much enjoyed learning to fly each variant. I've only flown an airplane a few short times in my real life and I've never flown a J-3 but I feel that A2A has absolutely captured the spirit, elegance and beauty of this simple little plane. I now have almost 20 hours in it and I have a feeling I'll gain a lot more in the future. Thank you A2A for making another amazing and unforgettable airplane. I totally regret waiting so long to buy it.

new reply

Return to “Piper J-3 Cub”