Repaint request

The US WWII front line fighter in the Pacific
mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Re: Repaint request

Post by mountainhighair »

Matt, I was just looking again at this thread and I will have to look into those wonderful profile arts you posted. I am currently working with a fellow A2A member on the surprisingly difficult original version of "Marine's Dream" #576. Original photos aren't that great, and online research shows other artists' rendering are all over the map.

Also have the RN #JT410 in the pipeline - one of those beautiful camo babes. Gotta work out my color RGBs and stuff while working on a few other repaints. Also, so many others have already done such great work for the Aircraft Factory Corsair and I don't look at others' work or what they have put out there already. I just do my own thing and try to do unique repaints that hopefully haven't been done before (one reason I'm doing the original Marines Dream and not the modern flying version).

mattcurry
Airman Basic

Post by mattcurry »

If you keep painting them I'll keep flying them! I can't wait to see your take on an RN camouflage version, and I don't know that much about where the scheme with the regular roundals (rather than the pacific ones) in those profile drawings would have been used. As you said some posts ago, this hobby gets you learning!
A quick google shows that JT410 was based of HMS Victorius, for which there is a freeware model from flyingstations in its 1945 post US refit guise. Perfect for trapping Corsairs on!

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

Thanks for the heads-up on HMS Victorious. I should get into some carrier landings. Yes, the research is half the fun of this hobby. I have learned so much. I feel I have an obligation to get things right when I do repaints. It's not something to take lightly. Any mistake can be an insult to those who have served their Country and freedom.

new reply

Return to “F4U Corsair”