Expansion Pack & Take Off Engine Dies

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
Tbolt65
Airman

Expansion Pack & Take Off Engine Dies

Post by Tbolt65 »

I've been away from this for a while. When I bought it in 2014 I didn't get the expansion pack - there are a number of things that don't work or don't work the way the video shows they should work (e.g. load out of weapons or external fuel tanks). Where can I get this pack?

I've had no luck in successfully taking off (engine start isn't an issue). Set cowl flaps open, engine is warm (Hawaii), partial flaps. Increase throttle to 45 manifold pressure, lifts off fine then engine dies.

FSX keeps telling me engine losing power because mix is wrong. It's set to full auto. So I press Ctrl X (per FSX) and it doesn't seems to do anything.

Any suggestions?

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Expansion Pack & Take Off Engine Dies

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Did you check your settings in FSX to verify that all is according to the manual? I'm not sure if it's possible to get the Accu-Sim pack for the P-47 as a stand alone download. I'm sure one of the :a2a: guys will reply shortly
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Tbolt65
Airman

Post by Tbolt65 »

I just tried it on my laptop instead of desktop and was successful in achieving altitude. I checked FSX settings and they're the same on both PCs. FSX keeps telling me mix is wrong and in fact engine isn't running smoothly and sometimes puffs of black smoke can be seen. I take that to mean it's running too rich (just like my RC planes) so went to Auto Lean but nothing changed; Ctrl X also did nothing.

BTW I'm used the P-47D-23 on the desktop and P-47D-22 on laptop but that should n't make a difference.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Each of the variants (ie, D-22 vs. D-23) has a file that records engine and systems damage. If you crashed, or broke the turbo, or blew a piston, etc., you might have to do a complete overhaul of that variant -- regardless of what skin you change to -- to restore it to its 'factory fresh' state. Try opening the maintenance hangar window SHIFT+7 after you load the aircraft and then look for an option to perform the repair.

As I recall, SHIFT+2 gives you warnings about broken system components you might not otherwise know need to be repaired.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Regarding the mixture, Accusim needs you to disable automixture in the FSX settings. Otherwise, weird things happen like your engine will spontaneously combust. Check the first pages of the manual(s) for proper setup.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I apologize if I assumed incorrectly you are using the WoP3 version with AccuSim -- the word 'expansion' in the title threw me off, as do the the variants you referenced. If you are using the original pack for FS2004 that includes the bubble top D's, P-47N and Superbolt ... check the sim's mixture settings per the manual. This pack (Wings of Power) was never updated for FSX, and takes some effort to port over. Therefore, I assumed this is not the version you have.

Wings of Power II (aka WWII Fighters, aka Wings of Power Solo) was a breakout from the original Thunderbolt pack and was improved for FSX, but it only provided one variant of the razorback. Therefore, I again do not think this is not the version you have. (It also does not have an Accusim expansion.)

This leads me to conclude you have WoP 3 -- with or without Accusim. Again, please ensure the mixture settings in FSX match the product's manual.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Tbolt65
Airman

Post by Tbolt65 »

Skycat wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 15:51 Each of the variants (ie, D-22 vs. D-23) has a file that records engine and systems damage. If you crashed, or broke the turbo, or blew a piston, etc., you might have to do a complete overhaul of that variant -- regardless of what skin you change to -- to restore it to its 'factory fresh' state. Try opening the maintenance hangar window SHIFT+7 after you load the aircraft and then look for an option to perform the repair.

As I recall, SHIFT+2 gives you warnings about broken system components you might not otherwise know need to be repaired.
Engine needed an overhaul! That fixed the problem. Thanks!

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”