P-47 installation

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
pmesmer
Senior Airman

P-47 installation

Post by pmesmer »

Hi folks___ Pete Mesmer here. I purchased the Acu sim P-47 from the Fs pilot shop today (3/10/18) for $23.94) plus $4.95 for a backup disk. License key 6-a769-187 I installed the aircraft but when I open my flight simulator, the airplane is not there. What am I doing wrong? Ned some help. Thanks in advance. Pete :roll:

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P-47 installation

Post by Skycat »

The P-47 (Wings of Power 3) model and its AccuSim are sold separately. You should have two installers, one for each. It seems to me you only have the AccuSim realism expansion but not the base model?
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hi Skycat____ The program I bought from Fs Pilot shop is supposed to be complete. They Offer 20 free downloads in the event there is a problem. I believe I have the complete program. :)

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

That price is for the older WOP II version. Are you trying to use it in P3D by any chance?

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Hi Patful_____ no___ I'm not using it in p3d. :)

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

pmesmer wrote:Hi Skycat____ The program I bought from Fs Pilot shop is supposed to be complete. They Offer 20 free downloads in the event there is a problem. I believe I have the complete program. :)
I believe you are wrong.

I think you bought this: A2A AccuSim pack for P-47

Which at the bottom of the page says: "P-47 Razorback Base pack required." (Link to base pack.)

Or, stated differently, both together are sold as a bundle for $59.99.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Or save $10 and buy directly from A2A.

https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... 5a4f1aae7c

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

Well gentlemen_____ I have purchased one program for $69.89 and one for $27.99 for a total of $97.88 and I have nothing to show for it. :x I open my flight simulator and select all A2A aircraft. It shows several P-47s. When I select one, it seems like the right one but it is not. When I start the engine, smoke billows out from under the engine cowl. All the controls are properly set. The engine is running but the program says I should press control+E to start the engine. ????. There is no maintenance hangar and I cannot add or remove fuel or other loads. I have paid a hundred bucks and don't have a damn thing to show for it. You think I'm a little ticked?? I'm more than a little ticked. I'm mad as hell. :evil: I'm disgusted and going to bed. Have a great night.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Pete,

Please don‘t blame others when you don‘t read or check what you purchase.. I‘m aware that there are several similar sounding products but all you need is the base pack and the accusim addition, if you wish. As much as I know FSPilotshop they pretty clearly describe what you get and (if I remember correctly) even use a red coulour to point to base packages... It seems you wasted a lot of money, I strongly encourage everyone to use A2A‘s shop, it‘s pretty straight forward and always a lot easier to get refunds in case of a wrong purchase by accident.

Regarding your issues: there is no maintenance hangar with the P47, you can just check and replace your engine... (Shift 7 I think).

Smoke and a useless airplane can mean you haven‘t set your realism settings following the manuals or your simconnect is corrupted... you can reinstall this. I believe for FSX you have to google it. Not sure though.

Make sure automixture is unchecked, all realism sliders fully right.

Ctrl e may work but those tips are actually pretty crappy for complex addon aircraft.

I hope you get your purchases sorted with FSPS. But no need to run riot...

Cheers,
Marc

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I don't know what all you purchased to bring the total to almost $100, but you need to be refunded for part of that total order.

There are three variants (all Razorback models) of the Wings of Power 3 P-47D base model and as I recall you'll have a total of six or seven different skins. The P-47D-20, D-22 and D-23 variants are all technically separate aircraft as far as recording hours and damage but will all seem to have the same cockpit. [One of the aircraft skins is a red tailed Tuskegee Airmen livery; that should tip you off that you have the base models installed.]

First, make sure you follow the instructions for how FSX needs to be set up. Disable 'Auto Mixture.' That is important for AccuSim.

Next, I recommend you run the AccuSim expansion pack installer a second time now so you know it is installed over the base pack. If you haven't downloaded and ran the AccuSim update, do that also. You have to be connected to the internet for the updater to find the files it needs.

The P-47 is a difficult aircraft to master starting procedure because of the inertia starter and priming. Watch tutorial videos and read the included manuals. You can start it with Control E if you get frustrated, but it is a great joy is bringing the engine to life through coaxing and priming and etc. Don't give up. Make sure you have the set the fuel selector to a tank that actually has fuel in it.

Unlike most FSX aircraft, you have to open a separate load-out panel to fuel the aircraft. I think the panel is Shift+3?

Shift+2 gives you important information including what is broken in your aircraft.

There is not a 'Maintenance Hangar' like with there is for the T-6, P-40, P-51, Spitfire or B-17. The P-47 was one of the very first AccuSim aircraft and that feature hadn't been developed yet. Click Shift+7 and all you'll see is a yellow box that offers you a complete overhaul.

Keep at it. The modeling of the turbo supercharger is a unique experience that really gets at the heart of what made the P-47 a technologically advanced, high performance aircraft during the war. And adjusting the intercoolers, oil coolers and cowl flaps all at the same time as you climb to altitude keeps you busy.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

pmesmer
Senior Airman

Post by pmesmer »

I just purchased the A2A P-47 from A2A for $24.99. Order # 126270. Non of the shift+numbers work that you suggested. I still don't have the airplane I want. All of the airplanes I select either wont start or are uncontrollable. All the controls are properly set. More wasted money???? FS pilot shop does not give refunds :evil:

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

$29.99 off the A2A site should give you the basic WoP3 P47 package and once download, you should have a file called wop3_p47.EXE.
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... 44c277fa22

The Accu-Sim package for it is another $24.99 if bought separately and when downloaded, you should have another file called wop3_p47_accusim.EXE.
http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/ind ... ucts_id=29

You don't need the Accu-Sim pack, but realism is greatly enhanced with it.

Steve.

Edit:
It sounds to me that you just bought the Accu_sim package, which does not work by itself. You need the base Wings of Power 3 for $29.99 as well. I have no idea what you have bought altogether, but you may already have it from another store.

crippy
Staff Sergeant

Post by crippy »

Hi there, it may be helpful to take a screen shot of the products you have purchased and pictures of what you are seeing in the sim.

There are some good posts on how to post screen shots on the forums. One is pinned to the top of this very section.

Again like others have said the accu-sim addition for the older birds are optional, so there wouldn't be a shift 7 option for that I believe. Once again screen shots or even directly copy pasting of what you have purchased will help. Let's keep a cool head with this, and I'm sure with the right information provided we can help you sort this out :)
Image Image Image
3D Lights Redux | Accu-Feel v2 | J-3 Cub | P-51C | T-6 Texan | B17 | L049 | Cherokee 180 | Comanche 250 | 172R Skyhawk | 182T Skylane

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

No, I'm thinking this is the Simconnect problem that others have experienced. Or, FSX is not updated to SP2.

Pete, what version of FSX do you have? Steam Edition? Or is it installed from a DVD? If from DVD, does it have the stock F-51 racer Mustangs?

We're also confused by prices you paid. Is that in US dollars or another currency? I think people are trying to match products to price tags to figure out what you have vs. what you need.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Also, the Wings of Power 3 Thunderbolts are not filed under "A2A Simulations" but are instead under "Republic." You should see these aircraft as your choices:

Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”