Run-up and brakes

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Run-up and brakes

Post by francesco.doenz »

Strange, with the P47 I can't anymore perform a run-up bejond 2000rpm's, the brakes do not hold and it noses over? I recalibrated the ch pedals with fsuipc, and I can add that the run-up with the P-51 is normal, the brakes hold without problem to around 4000rpm's!
What do I forget?
Thanks as usual for your inputs!!
Sorry for this basic post...I found out, have to run up very carefully the RPM's and the brakes hold it without problem...

dacamp66
Senior Airman

Re: Run-up and brakes

Post by dacamp66 »

if your aircraft is nosing over, the brakes are indeed holding, and they are acting as a fulcrum point what you need to do also is to hold the stick fully back so that the elevators force the tail onto the ground.
edit: sorry, wrote this post before I saw your added comment.
Orville's law: when the altitude of the ground at your current location exceeds the altitude of your aircraft, you have most assuredly crashed.

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Re: Run-up and brakes

Post by francesco.doenz »

Thanks for your comments, but the brakes started again to behave erraticaly, I fly the Jug since a few years now, and did not have this problem....I now suspect and came to the conclusion that my CH pedals are most likely coming to the end and ordered new pedals...have no other explanation because as I said I fly it since a long time, it was my second bird after the spit and before the P51!

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”