Propeller hunting?

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Propeller hunting?

Post by francesco.doenz »

What does it mean when it says the "propeller starts to hunt" if the battery gets weak?
Thanks again in advance for your inputs!!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Propeller hunting?

Post by Jacques »

It probably means the propeller starts to engage in an un-commanded increase and decrease in RPM with the Curtiss Electric prop varients.
Don't know if A2A modeled this or not. Might be worth doing some testing after weakening the battery.

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Will try tomorrow evening if time permits, I guess just shutting of the generator should do it and will see how the prop reacts! Most likely someone already dit it?!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Yes, I would be interested in seeing your results.

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

I flew yesterday with the generator off for fifteen minutes, the prop was stable at 2500 RPM, I turned the lights and Pitot on to drain the battery, but the flight was to short I guess...will try again when having more time!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Francesco,

I have some results but don't wish to spoil your fun tonight! Let us know what you find.

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

Well, after flying forty five minutes without generator and all lights and pitot on, 50 amps, I am not sure there is any battery drain modelled while flying, I guess battery drain is modelled only at startup? But of course I am not an expert at all...good night!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Yes, I concur, I ran out of fuel (4.5 hrs of flying) and still a nice steady 50 amp draw. Kept in perspective-this is an early accu-sim aircraft so I'm not disappointed.

francesco.doenz
Staff Sergeant

I am neither disappointed, these aircrafts with accusim are all fantastic, and really bug free! BUT I always wonder if people were not more than happy to PAY for new so called advanced versions of EXISTING aircrafts, updated to the possibilities possibilities of complex simulation offered by advances in software? I think customers of A2A aircrafts are not like the average simmer just looking for fun, the A2A customers are likely to be more interested in getting as close as possible to flying the real aircraft, and willing to study complexity of the functionning of an aircraft! And I guess that it would be nearly as rewarding economically to publish "advanced" versions than to publish new aircrafts...?
In short, I guess the A2A customer is not the average simmer...

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”