Lingering sound after shutdown

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
treadhead
Airman Basic

Lingering sound after shutdown

Post by treadhead »

I'm on my 2nd day of "playing" w/my P-47 with Accu-Sim, GREAT model. But, I've noticed a lingering sound after I shut the engine down and all of the a/c systems. Has anyone else heard it? It sounds like a prop doing a long slow rotation, even after the animation shows the prop being stopped.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: Lingering sound after shutdown

Post by Roadburner426 »

Depending on what airport you are at there might be some AI traffic taxiing around somewhere in the backround. I usually fly out of Craig Mun (KCRG) and there is usually at least 1 or 2 planes taxiing around the field that I can always here at start up/shut down. Whenever I go to smaller airports where there isn't any air traffic at all I never have any issues with any kind of back round noise. Sometimes too if you have FSX installed on a Vista machine there are issues that can happen with sound. I know I have 2 aircraft that are both jets, but when shut down you hear the full throttle noise all around the exterior. Is something to do with the way FSX handles sound in Vista. Easiest way to tell that is if you hear the noise in the external mode and then you go to VC it should go away. Those are the only 2 possible explanations I can think of.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

It may just be the sound engine in FSX... I have noticed a strange noise too when I shut the engine down at times. But I get this sort of odd sound volume issues with the default planes as well when a plane is all shut down which would indicate more of a problem with FSX than the P-47. Just something to have to deal with in FSX it seems....

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Check your wind settings. In windy conditions, you will hear it sitting on the runway with your canopy opened.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

treadhead
Airman Basic

Post by treadhead »

Thanks all for the replys.

Scott- yours makes sense. At the time I was flying out of KFRG (the old Republic airfield on Long Island, NY) and had the weather set from nearest weather station info, was a bit breezy that day. Nice effect you added within the Accu-Sim.

Next time I’ll have to sit in the cockpit with a big cigar to check on wind conditions, but at the same time watch out for the high octane gas fumes………. :mrgreen:

Bugdani
Airman

Post by Bugdani »

Hello,

I also hear that second engine noice behind!

Bug.

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”