P-47? Not for me...

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
crim3
Senior Airman

Re: P-47? Not for me...

Post by crim3 »

As computer engineer I'm amazed with what A2A is capable of. Is not only the software engineering they display so humbly like nothing, like if what they do would be so normal, but also the deep knowledge in termodynamics, aerodynamics, history, etc (and not to forget the sick obsession to detail and accuracy). So, despite the odd increase in price between the B377 and the P-47 and the fact that the plane plus accu-sim aren't 2 add-ons, but something like 1.3 or 1.5 add-ons :) (what's the use of accu-sim add-on by itself? is an add-on of an add-on then), they deserve all that money for their effort and habilities.

I was going to buy the P-47 as soon as it was available, but when I saw the price I got shocked, then frustrated, and later I told myself that I will have it on the begining of the next month, with the account bank refilled with the "world's fuel" (money). Just because I "need" it and I'm willing to pay for it.

But, then, the question is, how much would I (and any of us) pay for an extra high quality add-on like the P-47/Accu-sim? 70$? .... I'll pay, there's nothing like accu-sim.. 80$? aaargh... *glups*, ok, I'll pay........I think.... 90$? aaaaaargh!! dunno, dunno :)

(as always, sorry my english etc etc, remember that I'm not retarded 'cos I don't use your language correctly, is a foreign language for me :P)

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

All I can say is, this is the first add-on plane that I have owned that feels like it has a life inside the sim. I don't know how else to explain that. I find myself taking a little extra time to do the preflight; monitoring the health of the engine; carefully shutting down the systems and having everything ready for the next session. I'm starting to feel a personal connection to the skin/variant I regularly fly; wherever I park the plane, that's how I save my default flight for the next session. I'm proud of the hours I'm accumulating on that airframe.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Fodda
Airman First Class

Post by Fodda »

Like others, I've been amazed at the quality of the B377 and the complete systems simulation that they've managed to pull out of barebones FSX. The B377 is perhaps my favourite aeroplane add on in FSX (and it's not even British :o ). I've thoroughly enjoyed flying it for hours on end, and gawping at the gorgeous textures when I've not been staring at the gauges trying to tweak that extra 1 or 2 mph out of her at FL240 by subtle adjustments of various flaps etc...

But I paid a certain price for the B377, and it was a bit of a disappointment when the P47 was released to find I'd be paying 50% more again than I did for the B377.

OK, so it's not really A2A's fault that the pound has nosedived against the dollar or Euro, but it's still a shock after looking forward for months to buying the P47.

I feel the consensus of opinions here is divided into two camps... Those who've paid in dollars or Euros who don't see as large an increase, and those of us who having paid £32 or thereabouts for the B377, find nearly £50 for the P47 is slightly more than a missus or the bank manager can justify in one hit.

Don't get us wrong, we all know just how good the P47 would be... It's just that initial hit and explanation to she who holds the purse-strings that's the hardest part.

I've cut my weekly beer spending by a few pounds (a couple of pints a week isn't being missed) and in a couple more weeks, I'll be flying a Jug... Whilst holding a mug! :shock: (of real ale naturally. 8) )

Hamish McDuff
Airman

Post by Hamish McDuff »

I agree that the current exchange rate makes the P-47 very expensive for those of use paying in Pounds we must remember that we have had it pretty good for a long while!

I initially had reservations about paying this much for a single airplane I have to say that I am pleased that I did; in fact I haven’t flown any thing else since buying it and the steady supply of top class re-paints just adds to the pleasure of owning it.

Regards,
Ian

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

I don't think the Thunderbolt is over priced at all. Though I wasn't thrilled about the price, I was more than willing to pay it. This is THE BEST aircraft that compares to my real world flying experiences. Yeah the Cessna 177 and Diamond Eclipse aren't a P-47, but this sim is the only thing i've flown that comes close to giving me the excitement that real world flying does. If having to pay a bit more means that A2A keeps developing planes like these, I'm all for it.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Cherokeepilot19
Senior Airman

Post by Cherokeepilot19 »

I disagree.

You get what you pay for. The quality of A2A's products are unparalleled by any other IMO. Some other places charge near the same and if your lucky, you get half as nice stuff.

A2A's works is unquestionably the best for the sim market. I have had the pleasure of reviewing the P-47 for FS9 as an Avsim Reviewer, and even back in the day before Accusim was even thought of, they still made the best product. You don't see many other developers going places to take pictures of the aircraft, inside and out, to get ever last detail right and every sound of every switch. A2A is UNBELIEVABLE. <3.

If your going to complain about prices, go to PMDG or Alphasim. Otherwise, save up for better things like A2A's products. The products made here are flying antiques, and it's not easy to make them.

Scott, job well done, as always. You do your research. Kudos my friend, keep up the great work. It's worth every penny.

Joe
"A good landing is one you can walk away from.. A great landing is one when you can reuse the plane!" :D
i9-9900k @ 5.2 GHz W/C'ed
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti HYBRID 11GB
32GB DDR4 @ 3400 MHz
ASUS Z390-E | EVGA 1200w P2
970 Evo+ 512gb

nicron2001
Airman

Post by nicron2001 »

First of all: I don't have the P-47 yet as well, because I just can't affort it this month. But instead of seeing it as being overpriced, I thought that the B-377 was amazingly cheap for an aircraft of that quality. It simply is the best addon I have ever seen and I haven't touched any other plane since my first take-off with the Stratocruiser. Accusimed aircrafts offer hundreds of hours of adventure to me for prices below those of many video-games that offer less than 10 hours (often lower quality) entertainment. Furthermore, I save considerably by not buying any other aircraft for my FSX - it just doesn't feel realistic at all to me to fly other aircrafts any more. And honestly, one of the most amazing points to me is the incredible framerate.
So... finally there is another plane for me and I feel that 60$ is as fair as it can get - while the price keeps me from buying the aircraft this month, it adds weeks full of pleasant anticipation to the long list of features. :lol: Ready for take-off in just 10 days.

Ben

PS: And don't let me forget to mention the outstanding support and nice community around A2A which adds even more to the great addons.
Image Image Image Image

levkovvvv

Post by levkovvvv »

well,i just blew 200 euros on my ge force 9800 gtx with 1gb memory,so p-47 has to wait.i'we seen only one product done better than a2a products,and it is a separate video game.it is a sequel to lock on,called dcs:black shark.you guys are the best in msfs range.keep it that way.and if a certain person wants to keep fighting,i would like to inform him that i am the best i that area(forum fighting) although i tend not to show it.

Fodda
Airman First Class

Post by Fodda »

My final word on this as it's going round and round and too many people don't seem to undertand what the main point here is.

We're NOT talking about dollar prices, it's us Europeans who are feelin that this is a tad expensive. And not bcause A2A have decided to fleece everyone, but because the way the economy has gone here in the UK, the pound is worth so much less than it was.

If I were to pay now for the P-47, it would be far and away the most expensive "game" software I've ever bought for my home PC. FSX Deluxe was cheaper when I bought it (almost as soon as it came out). That's all we're saying... The state of our economies has made the P-47 a LOT more expensive for us than for you US citizens.

And again, nobody is denying that A2A make fine products. I've bought the Bombers & Jets package, the WoP2 fighters package, the B377 with Accusim... I thought they were all fairly priced and incredible pieces of kit at that time.

For those of you who bought it for dollar prices, well done, enjoy your purchase... I'm jealous. :)

And for those who took the plunge and paid in Euros or Pounds... Well done, enjoy your flying. I'm even more jealous. :lol:

One day I'll get my Jug... And with RAF roundels too. 8) :wink:

8thFG
Airman First Class

Post by 8thFG »

Well I see it this way. As bad as I would like to fly both of these aircraft now, I know they will be available when I've got the cash. I am thinking B77 for Father's Day and P47 for anniversary later in the summer. In the meantime I'll keep flying my old reliable A2A WOP birds. Scott, please keep building these beauties !

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”