P-47? Not for me...

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
GAJIT
Airman

Re: P-47? Not for me...

Post by GAJIT »

LOL

I have to take mrs GAJIT out as I did buy the P-47 - it was conditional!!

GlennC
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by GlennC »

As much as it might decrease my FS time, I wish I could take her out more - she's just gone most of the time. Tomorrow, Valentine's Day, I'll take her to the airport in the mid-morning and pick her up Sunday early evening. Then, she's out Monday, back Tuesday. That's the pattern this month. It changes every month. I really don't mind doing airport runs when I can. In the time between, I get to fly, real or otherwise, more than when she is home. Be nice to the Mrs, Mr, family, while you can.

Glenn

levkovvvv

Post by levkovvvv »

i dont really see the point in pricing the aircraft so high. i cant afford it for now,and i hope that will change,but 60 $ is really too much.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Is there really a reason for this thread..........? If you don't want it and it's too expensive don't buy it. Problem solved! Just makes we wonder how much money these "overpriced" whiners spend on beer each year. Something I find over priced and a waste of money! Too each their own.

levkovvvv

Post by levkovvvv »

on beer?i dont drink.i saw people kill becaouse of alcohol.so the answer would be 0$.

Fodda
Airman First Class

Post by Fodda »

mudmarine wrote:... these "overpriced" whiners...
I don't see the need for insulting terms like that. So far the thread has been pretty even tempered. Stupid irresponsible and childish name-calling like yours seeks only to wind people up and start a fight. Grow up. :roll:

levkovvvv

Post by levkovvvv »

Fodda wrote:
mudmarine wrote:... these "overpriced" whiners...
I don't see the need for insulting terms like that. So far the thread has been pretty even tempered. Stupid irresponsible and childish name-calling like yours seeks only to wind people up and start a fight. Grow up. :roll:
agreed

kiwikat
Senior Airman

Post by kiwikat »

I tend to agree with the OP. I still haven't purchased the Jug because I just dumped 2100+ dollars on my new computer system. Finding money to buy ANY addons right now is pretty much impossible. The fact that accusim and the plane are sold separately makes it a bit more affordable. In fact I'll probably be getting just the P-47 in the near future. Accusim will have to wait until the wallet gets a bit fatter.

I wish I didn't have to pay more buying them separately though... especially because I have the intent of getting both, just don't have the money right now.

Wow that was my first post here!? Sorry that it was about prices... :(

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Insulting......the truth hurts doesn't it! :D I love how people take one small quote and twist it, amazing! The point isn't beer, it's about that an idividual values. It's about another worthless "it's overpriced" thread. My opinion, like it or not.

Fodda
Airman First Class

Post by Fodda »

mudmarine wrote:... The point isn't beer, it's about that an idividual values...
That sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. I suggest you read posts after you pound the keyboard in angry frustration. In that way you'll make whatever point you're trying to make without looking like an ill-educated ignoramus. LOL! Either that or lay off the beer before typing. :lol: :lol:

Whatever, you can keep trying to start a fight here, I'm finishing this one with this post... After all I actually have a life.

Love

Fodda

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Guys,

Do or say whatever you want about the product or price, but no personal attacks. I have not had to lock a thread in well over 2 years which is probably a record, so lets not spoil it.

Just for perspective, here is a list of other addons:
Flight 1 Spitfire - $49.95
Aerosoft - Piper Cheyenne X - $46.00
Aerosoft Katana - $44.95
Flight 1 Marchetti SF 260 - $45
Wilco Citation - $44.95
Aerosoft Hughes H-1B - 44.75
Flight 1 Bf109 - $44.95
Iris T-6 - $39.99
A2A Wings of Power 3: P47 - $34.99 ($28.99 for existing P47 owners)

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

swarovski
Senior Airman

Post by swarovski »

I'm a bit wary of adding my two cents worth here :D
I'd been debating on buying the Razorback and Accu-sim add-on since I first saw the Youtube vids. And with the value of the dollar and all, it did feel a lot of money for both parts, without experiencing them first hand.
Lets face it, we all take a chance when we buy one of these things.
I was a bit shy because I'd recently bought a very expensive box set P-51 from another author for FS9, only in the last month or so (which I haven't flown more than a couple of times).

Eventually I bit the bullet, thankfully, and I can quite honestly say its the best plane I've ever bought for FS. And thats not including the Accu-sim part. The two together, even on my aging machine are superb. Nothing I have comes close.
If you can't afford both in these difficult times, buy the plane now and the Accu-sim later. Simple. Or do like I did and work some extra hours to pay for it. The plane alone is a joy by itself and well worth the money.

Plus the technical help here is great.

And then there's the excellent free paint kit. I work everyday in Photoshop with textures for 3D models, and I thought I knew my stuff, but wow! Detail and beauty or what. And its free to use!

I lurve my Razorback :D
Thankyou A2A. Blummin' marvelous!

sambt
Senior Airman

Post by sambt »

Scott - A2A wrote:Guys,

Do or say whatever you want about the product or price, but no personal attacks. I have not had to lock a thread in well over 2 years which is probably a record, so lets not spoil it.

Just for perspective, here is a list of other addons:
Flight 1 Spitfire - $49.95
Aerosoft - Piper Cheyenne X - $46.00
Aerosoft Katana - $44.95
Flight 1 Marchetti SF 260 - $45
Wilco Citation - $44.95
Aerosoft Hughes H-1B - 44.75
Flight 1 Bf109 - $44.95
Iris T-6 - $39.99
A2A Wings of Power 3: P47 - $34.99 ($28.99 for existing P47 owners)

Scott.
Well, I am going to weigh in on this. I am not looking for a beef so this is just my take on this price issue. First off when I got the P-47 Razor Back and first loaded it up I chose the aluminum Skin. I must have spent at least a half hour just panning around the cockpit and the outside of the plane before taking off. I just marvelled at the beauty and detail that went into this. I purchased only the plane at first for the $35.00 asking price. My plan was to see what the basic plane was like and maybe accu-sim later.

Here is my opinion. A2A is top shelf and I got Champagne for beer money. I flew around a day or two and could stand it no longer so I bought and installed accu-sim. Paid $29.00 for it. Another marvell as to the work that went into this great addon. So now I got Caviar for the price of a hotdog. This is my hobby. I demand the best my money can buy. A2A produces the best and the amount of enjoyment I will get from this for months is worth every penny.

Oh, did I say I like the P-47 Razor Back with Accu-sim?

Sam

kiwikat
Senior Airman

Post by kiwikat »

Heh I hope you guys didn't take what I said the wrong way. I know that its more than worth the money. I'm really eager to get it too. But the wallet has me on a leash right now :(

hobofat
Airman

Post by hobofat »

Not that one more opinion will matter, but I will share my experience with the 377. I first purchased it WITHOUT the accusim addon. I loved it. It was cheaper than many addons I have, and much much much more detailed and immersive and all around fantastic. It was a fantastic purchase for the money, and outside of Aerosoft's H1, did everything that most other addons don't do, which is fly by the numbers and behave realistically. Well, as far as I can tell at least and compare with numbers in manuals.

Later on I purchased the accusim "addon" which added a whole other dimension to the sim, taking it beyond any other product on the market. True in some way separating accusim and the plane itself is a marketing scheme, but it the fact that it doubles development time makes sense to me that way. I've seen other products which have excellent systems modelling, failures, etc. but they cost $80-90. In fact, I've spent well more than $60 on addons that are total crap and got deleted.

I have not purchased the Jug, because finances are tight lately, and warbirds aren't really my thing anyway. Based on my experience with the 377 though, I know that the Jug will most likely be nothing short of amazing. I have spent more time in my $56 377 (with accusim) than I have with most computer games that cost me $45-60 dollars, and learned something about history, physics, and mechanics in the process. Also remember that flight simulator development is a niche market. Compare it to buying a pair of jeans at your local Wal-Mart versus a pair of jeans at a local mom 'n pop shop. Same product...very different cost.

Bottom line, know what you are getting when you make the purchase, do a simple cost/benefit analysis, see if it fits in your finances, if it does I hope you like it, if it doesn't, enjoy the addons you have. Simple!

P.S. Forgoing beer has saved me about $60 every two months. Forgoing Starbucks/other brand name coffee drinks has saved me about twice that.
"One did not land a Strat; one arrived."

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”