Put On O2 Mask......

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Put On O2 Mask......

Post by mudmarine »

Alright, I give! Why isn't my pilot putting his O2 mask on? I'm loading 02 in the pop up menu. The emergency system is working fine. But the dumb bugger keeps gasping for air. The 100% 02 starts to blink when I turn it on but that supply only lasts for so long. My external view shows that he hasn't put is mask on. The manual only says, "Put O2 mask on". So what am I doing wrong? Thanks

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Put On O2 Mask......

Post by CodyValkyrie »

The system is rather simple. The emergency switch and 100% oxygen are for emergencies and testing of systems only. To operate the oxygen system (which works by drawing a breath so is an as needed system) open up the 2d panel for the controls. On the right side you will find an option for the oxygen mask. I can provide a picture if necessary. Once the mask is on, and you will hear him put it on, he will begin to breath normally at higher altitudes and you can check the function on the O2 gauge.

There is also the possibility of failure with Accusim, so learn how spot early signs of oxygen starvation.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I have also found the Microsoft flight loading bug once caused the oxy mask not to go on. I fixed this by simply re-loading the aircraft once in game. You should always load flights from in game, and not from the main menu.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

Thanks Guys! I've read all the manual but over looked the obvious; I just needed to reload from in game! I knew it was simple.........? :?: :mrgreen: The first thing I started to notice was the wing tips starting to drop when bubba gump (my pilot) started to breath heavy or am I imagining things? Either way it's a cool way to keep us on our toes! Just trying to keep bubba alive long enough to make it across the pond so he can spank some nazi's! :lol: So far only one crash due to an engine fire but I belly flopped and walked away! Having a blast!!

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

Hey Mud, you promised to take good care of her!!! :) I on the underhand.... not a good idea to take her to bush airstrips!

rsgunner
Airman First Class

Post by rsgunner »

CodyValkyrie wrote:The system is rather simple. The emergency switch and 100% oxygen are for emergencies and testing of systems only. To operate the oxygen system (which works by drawing a breath so is an as needed system) open up the 2d panel for the controls. On the right side you will find an option for the oxygen mask. I can provide a picture if necessary. Once the mask is on, and you will hear him put it on, he will begin to breath normally at higher altitudes and you can check the function on the O2 gauge.

There is also the possibility of failure with Accusim, so learn how spot early signs of oxygen starvation.
I could use an image. I simple don't seem to be able to find anything to have the pilot put his mask on.

Russ
Many may fly and some are rewarded
handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
United States Naval Aviator mean more
than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

USe shift 3. It is one of the options on the upperleft corner (put oxygen mask on).

rsgunner
Airman First Class

Post by rsgunner »

Test Pilot wrote:USe shift 3. It is one of the options on the upperleft corner (put oxygen mask on).
Thanks

I looked right past it before.

Russ
Many may fly and some are rewarded
handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
United States Naval Aviator mean more
than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”