first to buy the p47?

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
Jack BCN87
Airman

first to buy the p47?

Post by Jack BCN87 »

i dont know, but i sure got it. woot!

was drooling over those 4 videos last night and was like, oh i hope and bet they will release it soon and i wake up and woot! there it is. and my bank account was once again at its knees! lol.

if its anything like the b377 which i have put several online hours with, this is gonna be way cool.

thanks for the swift deployment of the p47 guys, and thanks everyone at A2A for makeing such awesome products.

Accusim rocks!

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Re: first to buy the p47?

Post by ICDP »

Thanks for the kind words jack, it is our pleasure and we hope you are satisfied. I hope you enjoy flying her.

mudmarine
Staff Sergeant

Post by mudmarine »

I'm the second to buy it then!! WOOO HOOO!! I'm so excited!! hehe :mrgreen:

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

Beat me to it guys! She sure is beautiful! Thanks to all who have worked on her - she is even better than expected, which was what I expected :D

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

Ah man, the creaking of the landing gear after I came in too hard is awesome! Time to study the manual!

Jack BCN87
Airman

Post by Jack BCN87 »

first flight out of Victoria, went well, i got her up to FL180 no problem, but she likes to turn left. maybe that is how the actual plan is like, sometimes wish i had a autopilot in her like the 377.

anyway, noticed, maybe i broke her on take off, but the engine had this odd knocking sound while i was flying, she still flew, but was a faint yet noticeable knocking sound while inside the cockpit. anyone else notice this? maybe its normal.

lol took me like 5 tries to get the engine started. first time i forgot the mixture, second and third i forgot the fuel flow valve, and 4th time i just didnt prime her. lol

love the realizm in her, and so far no problems at all.

now its time to break her in so to speek. :P

Jack BCN87
Airman

Post by Jack BCN87 »

hehe i got a kick out of this.

second after i just posted, i go and turn my turbo up all the way, instead of it breaking, see image bellow.

seems its not advisable to have 70'MP while parked with breaks on.

then i looked at my maintenance hanger and i just started laughing.

an hour in and i already have to overhaul my engine. LMAO

thought i had to share that.

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

Well, EVERY single engine prop A/C with a clockwise turning prop has a tendency to turn left :D, to one part because of torque and to one plart of the spiralling propwash which tends to hit the rudder from the left again forcing the A/C to veer to the left. And about the knocking sound: how much throttle did you apply? Did you add some turbo? Just check the Maintenance Hangar with SHIFT-7 and you will know what's gone wrong... :lol: A knocking sound? Well, I would propose n overhaul 8) :D

Oskar

Hmm, just read your last post. 70 in MP? maybe you should have a look into the handbook?

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

That knocking sound you hear is the engine gone bad. I heard it on my test flights today and reminded me of pushing the Acceleration Mustang with ADI off. Watch your rpms and engine temps and turn the ADI on when running her hard! Study that manual, unless you just want to break stuff which is perhaps just as much fun :) No need for an overhaul just yet, wait till it seizes up!!!

Jack BCN87
Airman

Post by Jack BCN87 »

hehe, the point was to break it, lol.

yeah, if your on the ground with throttle idling, and you apply full turbo, the MP gose up to 70 inches or so.

when i took off earlier, i was applying 70'MP, cause i wasn't paying attention, no wonder i got airborne so soon.

anyone notice the diference between how the WoP2 p47 stalled in tight maneuvers and how this one dose?

Jack BCN87
Airman

Post by Jack BCN87 »

just set her on fire. was fun but was a little harder then i had thought it might be, which may be a good thing infact, tho i was up in Canada in the cold.

put all my cowl flaps closed and engines above 50'mp for a bit.

got me a fire eventually but i had to climb and slow down a bit. fire started at about 268C cylinder head temp

fire effects are awesome. try it out if ya don't mind overhauling an engine, hehe.

definatly an awesome plane all around.

go get it if you havn't already.

:)

t-bone
Airman

Post by t-bone »

Great plane, took her for a spin and got so hung up on watching the temps and rpms that I forgot to raise the flaps. :oops: Needless to say I had to run her way too hard to climb. So I RTB and got her down safely, even with carb temps off the charts.

I'd never have gotten away with that if it wasn't for the small fact that Accusim for this bird isn't out yet. Which would also explain why Jack didn't break his engine. :D Any ideas when? I see on your shop that it's "out now" but when I click the link it says "Sorry, the product was not found."

Also, I didn't see the "bundle deal" on the product page until it was a bit too late... (insert smiley hitting his head here :D). Oh well, it's only a fiver.

t-bone
Airman

Post by t-bone »

I saw that page, but when I clicked "buy now" I'm only taken to the online store's front page. Can't find it from there.
I found and bought the WOP 3 P-47 just fine, but not the Accusim package. :? Could you post me a direct link?

Edit: ah nevermind, there she is! Must have been a bug of some sorts, I'm purchasing the accusim as I type! 8)
Last edited by t-bone on 03 Feb 2009, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”