P47 issues

Big, Heavy, Tough, and Beautiful
new reply
P40 Master
Airman

P47 issues

Post by P40 Master »

I'm having big issues with my P47. She starts fine but doesn't run well at all, i have overhauled made sure i'm warming her up properly but the engine is skipping in a rhythm that isn't normal. I cant seem to find a way to uninstall and re install. Please help because i love the P47. i am running FSX steam edition, this has only just started to happen.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: P47 issues

Post by DHenriques_ »

P40 Master wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 17:03 I'm having big issues with my P47. She starts fine but doesn't run well at all, i have overhauled made sure i'm warming her up properly but the engine is skipping in a rhythm that isn't normal. I cant seem to find a way to uninstall and re install. Please help because i love the P47. i am running FSX steam edition, this has only just started to happen.
Sounds like it's either an update missing or a magneto problem. Have you checked for updating? Have you gone into the hangar to see if something is amiss in the engine? Try a complete overhaul and see if that fixes the missing engine issue.
Dudley Henriques

P40 Master
Airman

Post by P40 Master »

ive tryed overhauling, mags check out fine she smokes like the piston rings have gone but i cant seem to figure it out at all

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

P40 Master wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 18:06 ive tryed overhauling, mags check out fine she smokes like the piston rings have gone but i cant seem to figure it out at all
Sounds like something might be corrupted perhaps. Is it a saved flight by any chance? Have you tried loading a fresh P47 to see if you have the issues there?
If you need to you can uninstall the plane, delete its saved files in the A2A folder and reinstall it from your saved exe file.
D

P40 Master
Airman

Post by P40 Master »

i always start a2a aircraft from a fresh flight. ive had a terrible time with corruption on files. can you tell me how to un install?

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Auto mixture accidentally enabled?

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Check FSX settings and make sure you don't have Auto-Mixture enabled.

If the problem continues, try a different variant of the P-47 (for example D-22 or D-23 instead of D-20). Each variant has its own model folder and .dat file.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

P40 Master wrote: 13 Aug 2021, 18:27 i always start a2a aircraft from a fresh flight. ive had a terrible time with corruption on files. can you tell me how to un install?
If you HAVE to uninstall, you can find the plane in Control Panel (Add/Remove or Uninstall a Program) Find the plane on the list and click UNINSTALL. Then go into your Documents Folder, find the Dat files for the plane and delete them.
Then reinstall the plane from your saved A2A Plane exe.

I think all the above is right. If someone sees a correction needed please feel free to comment.
DH

Caldemeyn
Master Sergeant

Post by Caldemeyn »

Did you change your default flight in the menu ?
Did you load a flight from a saved flight ? (Guess not from what you said)
Did you load an airplane on top of another airplane ?

Don't

These things do not work without error with addon airplanes. What you want to do every time is always have a default flight with the trike present when you start the sim (you don't have to start the session though), not use saved flights and if you want to change an airplane, exit the sim and start it again. All these things mess up the different systems and gauges that load into memory and can completely break complex addons.

P40 Master
Airman

Post by P40 Master »

Always started from a fresh flight. All seems sorted now i have disabled the auto mixture. Thanks for the help

new reply

Return to “P-47 Razorback”