Another Newbie with smoke on startup.

It's big, powerful, and fast.
new reply
fido
Senior Airman

Another Newbie with smoke on startup.

Post by fido »

My Accusim P-47 with patches 1.1 exe and 1.11exe installed is covered by huge amounts of smoke on startup.

This happens each time I begin a flight; it seems to happen most often with auto start, a function I can't figure out how to disable. So far all else seems to work as advertised. I am a newbie and do not really understand the file system for FSX Gold and Acceleration, (so talk really slow and use little words) :roll: :D , but any help would be appreciated.
Fido
Image Image
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards...
Leonardo da Vinci

Pistonpilot
Technical Sergeant

Re: Another Newbie with smoke on startup.

Post by Pistonpilot »

Hi and welcome to the wide world of A2A Aircraft!

The 47 is a great bird. You mentioned that you cannot disable auto-start. It sounds like you are using the default flight scenario (where you begin the flight with the engine running). The best advice I can give you is to change your default flight to one where the aircraft has been shut down completely.

If you need instructions on how to do so, let me know! I've heard that having your default flight set up as a default aircraft (like the 172) is best, so, my default flight is set up to be the Cessna 172 with everything shut down and off. No matter which aircraft you select at the initial load-up screen for "free flight", it tries to use the setup your default flight has...which, given your choice of an A2A Accu-sim aircraft, causes a few problems if the engine is running, as Accu-sim aircraft are MUCH more detailed than the default aircraft.

Hope this helps. Again, if you need instructions on how to set up a "cold and dark" default flight, just ask.

DWC Alumni. Commercial Instrument Single/Multi-Engine Land. [Former] Police, Fire, & 9-1-1 Dispatcher. [Former] MAINEiac Crew Chief.

MTFDarkEagle
Technical Sergeant

Post by MTFDarkEagle »

Smokey startup is very normal.

Off topic: where in holland do you live? :)
Lukas
ImageImage

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

When you start up FSX, you'll probably be on the Free Flight part of the menu. Select the tab labeled #1 in the picture below and then follow the sequence in the picture:

"Automixture" should not be checkmarked. Aftery you hit OK, go back to the Free Flight tab and load a scenario.

And yes, some smoke at startup is normal. Thick clouds of it puffing off the aircraft while it is idling is not.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

If you don't want the engine to be already running when you start a flight, do this:

First, create a Free Flight scenario that appeals to you; for example, set your aircraft at your favorite airfield or airport and position it at the general aviation area.

1. Use the Shift+3 combo to bring up the P-47's mini panel. Click on the greyed out "Cold Start" text. The engine should sputter to a stop.

2. If the toolbar isn't already showing at the top of your screen, press the ALT key. Select "Flights" from the menu.

3. Scroll to "Save" on the drop-down menu. (Or, you can just shortcut steps 2 and 3 and hit the semi-colon key.) The next screen will look like this:

1. Type a description in this box.

2. Optional -- type information in this box that will help you remember the conditions of the scenario you are saving.

3. Check the "Make this the default flight" box if you want all Free Flight aircraft to start with the engine off. This scenario will become the default flight every time FSX is started.

4. Hit the OK button.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

fido
Senior Airman

Post by fido »

Sorry I took so long to reply, my other airplane is a submarine, yes, a submarine, a type VIIB German U-boat.
I also play Silent Hunter 3, I am on a long patrol with a new boat, some patrols take weeks of real time to play out and I lost track of time.
@ Pistonpilot, thanks of the welcome and info, will give the "cold and dark free flight" a try.
@ MTFDarkEagle, you will find my little patch of sky in 's-Gravenhage. I am a transplanted American.
@ Skycat, thanks for the pics, makes the process much easier to follow.
I will give everything a try over the week end, and post my results. Again, thanks for all the help.

Fido :D
Image Image
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards...
Leonardo da Vinci

fido
Senior Airman

Post by fido »

Sorry for the double post, but I just couldn't wait, had to try out your suggestions. She started up like a dream on the second try; my fault, I didn't let the inertia wheel spin up long enough the first time. I shut down and took this picture, IMHO you could almost reach out and touch her, she sits at the entrance to the replica 1930's Amsterdam-Schipol Airport, located at the Aviodrome in Lelystad, Netherlands. (IATA-Code: LEY, ICAO-Code: EHLE)

Thanks for all of your help.
Fido :wink:
Image Image
Leonardo da Vinci

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

some patrols take weeks of real time to play out and I lost track of time.
Like your sub, you should come up for air now and again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great screenshot!! Which scenery is that?

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

new reply

Return to “P47 Thunderbolt”