Engine start

It's big, powerful, and fast.
new reply
THibben
Staff Sergeant

Engine start

Post by THibben »

Scott,

I can only start the engine from Ctrl E. Even if I once get it started by using Ctrl E and then stop it by leaning the mixture to off I can't restart by returning mixture to rich and pressing the starter switch. The start switch will not stay in start long enough to start the engine. It moves up then immediately goes off. It doesn't seem to want to hold in the up position even though I am trying to hold it there. The other switch I can't find is the booster pump as called out in the check list.

Sorry about these problems but I must be doing something wrong. I have tried reinstalling the program. I am using Vista 64, have 4G ram and a quad core E6600.

Thanks,

Tom

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Engine start

Post by Skycat »

Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Yes, you can now appreciate all the little surprises we've had to endure with this change over to FSX. This isn't a complaint, just that things are rarely simple.

In your aircraft.cfg, go to this section:
[piston_engine]

and make sure this line appears as such:
normalized_starter_torque=0.1

This has also been updated in the patch and solo pack installers if you wish to re-download.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Scott - A2A wrote: This has also been updated in the patch and solo pack installers if you wish to re-download.

Scott.
I could kiss you.

But I won't.
ImageImage
ImageImage

THibben
Staff Sergeant

Post by THibben »

Thanks Scott.

Made change and works great. If there is anything that can be done to improve the operation of the fuel selector valve it would be greatly appreciated. I can be right down on top of it and grab it and most of the time it won't move. When it does move it flashes back and forth rapidly. If one is lucky you can get it to stop in the right place. I know you will be changing this in AccuSim but is there anything that can be done in the interim to assure it will move when you grab it?

Thanks,

Tom

new reply

Return to “P47 Thunderbolt”