Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all!

Wings of POWER Heavy Bombers and Jets for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004
new reply
WND
Senior Airman

Happy and safe Thanksgiving to all!

Post by WND »

Just want to wish Scott, the Shockwave crew and all of you who visit / utilize any and all of these forums a

SAFE AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! :)

WND
Bill

Hawk
Senior Airman

Post by Hawk »

Thanks WND and the same from me to you and everyone here. :D

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

bob123
Airman

Post by bob123 »

Happy Thanksgiving

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Same here, I hope everyone has a great and safe Thanksgiving!!! Plus if you know someone who is alone or who's family is down with hard times. Invite them over to take something to them if they are not as furtunate as you are. I only say that because my nieghbors son was in an accident and lost his right let. He has been in a self induced acoma(spelling) for about a month and a half now. He turned 18 2 weeks before his accident. They are a great bunch of people and the best nieghbors anyone could ask for. So if your a praying person I would thank you to pray for them. His name is Jason.

Ozark Dogfighter
Airman

Post by Ozark Dogfighter »

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! And thanks for the wishes do far! There is an elderly gentleman who lives up the road from us, he was a soldier in WWII. As far as I know he has no family, his son died in Vietnam and his wife died in a car wreck about 15 years ago. Every Thanksgiving we invite him over, and every year he declines, but he does accept a ham and lots of fixin's from us that we make for him every year, and he really enjoys it.

So yes, like pointman said, there's ALWAYS someone close, maybe closer than you think, who needs some comfort through the holidays, and a smile and plate of food is cheap to give but goes a long, long way. I'll be praying for Jason, Point-man. Have a safe and blessed holiday!
Jeremy G. Burch
-Ozark Dogfighter

(..still waiting for an Accu-Sim-quality C195...)

Happy Flying!

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Happy Turkey Day from this end also my fellow wingys! :D

Point-man I've been wondering how your buddy was doing. Let his family know we're thinking about him and when you get the chance let him know also.

FAC257

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

Well his family (mom,dad,sister) are having Thanksgiving with us today and I found out that he is awake but can't talk yet. They know that he understands what people are saying to him because he shakes his head yes or no. They think that since he was out so long that his motor skills just need time to come back. The other thing that they are worried about is that they don't know for sure just how long he went without oxygen so they don't know how much damage was caused by that. When the truck stopped the lady didn't know that the rear tire was on top of him and after that they said that he was only getting about 20% of the normal amount of oxygen. That lasted for about a week. However he is off all machines and under his own steam now. Hopefully there is no real damage and it's only the fact that his body didn't use anything for so long that it's just not use to it anymore. The thing that makes me sad is that they don't know if he knows he is missing his leg or not. They don't really want to tell him just yet because he isn't out of the woods yet. Other than that he seems to be making alot of progress and are giving me a pretty good chance of surviving. Thanks for taking the time out of yalls life to think and pray for him!!! He just turned 18 and is probably one of the most talented guitar players that I've heard play. So if you don't mind keep it up, he needs all the help that he can get.

Point

new reply

Return to “Heavy Bombers and Jets”