BoBII key commands explained PDF DOCUMENT

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
MadRobbie1
BDG

BoBII key commands explained PDF DOCUMENT

Post by MadRobbie1 »

~S~ Gentlemen 8)

This is a BRAND NEW guide/chart put together to explain in detail ALL the keyboard commands available in "Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory"

The guide is new 38 A4 (portrait) pages in length, comed in PDF format, and features all the commands the player will see in the custom key mapping screen in the GUI. This has been done as an aide to both the BoBII community and our friends in the IL-2 Sturmovik community to assist in their conversion to the BoBII after many years at the Eastern Front 8) The lack of detailed instructions regarding the key commands has been a weak point of the manual from the original Rowan "Battle of Britain" days, and it is hoped that this chart will help address this shortcoming.
The list also provides notes on equivalent commands between BoBII & IL-2, including key commands used in both sims and details on similarities in functions and use. The chart is also in colour to match the layout of the key card included in the original release, and the much improved & updated version that can be found alongside the current BoBII manual in the "DOCS" folder of the main game directory.

It should be noted that this is a WORKING DOCUMENT, and it is intended to keep it updated in line with improvements and updates to BoBII - so if anyone finds a error, problem, or comes up with better wording, please don't hesitate to speak up and let us know! You will find that some of the currently listed commands found in BoBII v2.06 in the custom key mapping window have already been omitted from the document - the Key Map Changes to remove the non-working extra keys will be made in the 2.07 BoBII update to reflect this, and it is important to note that the extra Keys's that have been removed from this document are not recommended for use. An updated key card is also being prepared to compliment this document.

Hope you all find this of great use - and remember constructive feedback is always welcome and actively encouraged!

***EDIT 2nd AUGUST 2007***

To tie in with the release of the (BETA) 2.07-12 version of BoBII, please find below a link to download a FULLY UPDATED version on the BoBII/IL2 conversion manual.
This features new additions on the key command descriptions, plus 9 new pages focusing on the brand new ability to assign key commands to interactive cockpit controls through the key mapping window in the GUI (magnetos, fuel cocks, ignition etc), how to set up keys, plus details, illustrations and "keypress-by-keypress" notes on the features this now adds to each aircraft type should the player wish to use them.

http://www.caricatureaircraftpictures.c ... 0FINAL.pdf

Good luck & good hunting!
Cheers!
Rob

aka CPS_Bomber
Last edited by MadRobbie1 on 20 Oct 2007, 14:51, edited 6 times in total.
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

Kraut
Airman First Class

Post by Kraut »

THANK YOU SIR!!!!!!! I'm not the brightest light on the block so these key commands were giving me grief. Just so many & so confusing when compared to all others I played since the mid 90s. Who in Hades uses keyboards to fly or view in the last 5 or so years? Not many if I would hazard a guess. Anyways, thanks again for all your time & effort in this matter. It's greatly appreciated! :D
FWIW,
Good Hunting!

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

We all need to thanks Rob for his leadership in completing the 193 active Keys in BOBII that are now explained at long last. This is a task we have needed for our customers for a long time and thanks to Rob we now have it completed.

Now if we can just keep it and the keycard updated with all the BOBII changes, fixes, and new features.

Our BDG Beta Tester volunteers are a very special and talented group.

Enjoy.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

marklaur
Staff Sergeant

Post by marklaur »

Thanks for the new document.
It should help with a lot of commands I have never used to date.

Cheers MarkL

HenrikSultan
Airman Basic

Post by HenrikSultan »

Great Man!!
Just the thing I need :D
Scary stuff...

nachinus
Staff Sergeant

Post by nachinus »

Really comprehesive... although I've been playing this game for 2 years now, I think I'll give it a good detailed read. I'm sure that I'll learn a new thing or two... :D
"I hate reality, but it's still the best place to get a good steak."
Woody Allen

cvearl
BDG

Post by cvearl »

U R an ASSET.

C.

Seafireliv
BDG

Post by Seafireliv »

Good idea. Bridges the gap.

"Let him who desires peace, prepare for war"

quoted by some veggy guy.

BoxMike
Senior Airman

Post by BoxMike »

Thx CPS,
solved a cockpit viewing problem thx for the tip Buddye to this thread.
Cannot but agree with Cvearl and the rest, if I had all the time you all would have your own feature BoBII movies :D

Best Rgds,

- box

FunkieMonkey
Airman

Post by FunkieMonkey »

Sweet just what I was looking for, Rob you rock.

Cheers Funkie

MadRobbie1
BDG

Post by MadRobbie1 »

Thanks for the positive comments Gents 8) very pleased to hear folks are finding this of use! :D

Cheers and happy flying!
Rob

aka CPS_Bomber
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

PappyCain
BDG

Post by PappyCain »

That is one fine document Rob and deserves inclusion into SeaVee's hall of fame document room. :D

Good job - I am always learning something new in the fine sim.
Last edited by PappyCain on 11 Nov 2007, 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
"Was it something I said?" - 'Moggy' Cattermole 'Piece of Cake'
Core 2 Duo E6700, ASUS P5N-E-SLI, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400,ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti, Coolermaster 650W PSU and Case, Audigy 2ZS Platinum, 5.1 Z-640, XP Pro, 22" CHIMEI LCD

Smithie
Senior Airman

Post by Smithie »

Nice, one of the very reasons that I wanted to come here.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

Hi Smithie, wecome to BOBII.

Glad you found the Key description document. We also have an outstanding User Manual (located in the BOBII folder in the Docs folder).

Let us know how you are doing wiyh BOBII.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

borton
BDG

Post by borton »

I'm a little confused here. The CLEAR command is linked to "/" and is stated to advise that a tail is clear, presumably the "Six clear!" response. However, on my keyboard, this command is linked to my "Z" key; my "/" key gives the response "Bandits!" or "Behind you!". I haven't, to the best of my knowledge, made any changes to these in the past.

Also and I can't remember when this first happened, although I did report it at the time, when I press P - Pause to start any mission, I get the response "Six Clear!" or "You're Clear!". This is without pressing any key other than P, after 3d has loaded and presented itself. At one time, I thought this might have had something to do with a conflict with TrackIR. However, I get the same message whether TIR is on or off, and not just disabled.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”