How to play as a single pilot for a squadron...

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
TigerMoth
Senior Airman

Re:

Post by TigerMoth »

borton wrote:And I thought that I was the only old codger on this forum at 70. Tallyman, you've given me a new lease of life! :)

Hitler drove me out of the East End (Poplar) at the tender age of 2. I spent the War as an evacuee in lovely old Somerset.

These youngsters know nothing, do they? :wink:

Just to add my two pence:

My dad was 9 when war broke out living in London. He was evacuated to the country side but his Mom stayed on to work (his dad had passed on before the war). He has a great story about running to the air raid shelter and hearing planes close behind him so he dove on the ground and turned around just in time to see an FW190 being chased by a Spit fly right over top of him at a couple of hundred feet! He went on to the RAF just after the war as an airframe mechanic on Mosquitoes and joined the flying club to get his license in a Moth.

Spent the first part of my life dreaming about WWII airplanes. Got my private and now live in New York City where flying the real thing is tough. So at 46 I feel a real connection to those of you who lived through it. Something always gets passed on even if it's to the few who are lucky enough to be close to someone 'in the know.' It's an essential part of my life through osmosis!

And things like BOB and it's community are truly unbelievable!

- John
----------------------------------
Gateway FX6831-03
i7 (860) 2.80 Ghz - 8GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 5800 - 1GB Ram
Windows 7 (64-bit)

philip.ed
Staff Sergeant

Re: How to play as a single pilot for a squadron...

Post by philip.ed »

A FW in the BoB.....

But great story :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”