Pilot bail out and campaign questions

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
fergus259
Airman Basic

Pilot bail out and campaign questions

Post by fergus259 »

I was playing as Douglas Bader as squadron leader and I bailed out over the channel and he hasn't emerged back at his squadron. What happens to the pilots that bail out, is there a random selection on which ones survive or do they eventually turn up later?

My directive has also stopped working late in July, It no longer turns up after each day so i have to manually set out patrols which don't always work. Is there a reason why the directive doesn't appear anymore, as I need to change the patrols from convoy to airfield protection?

Also once buildings are damaged or destroyed during bombing do they eventually get repaired like hangers or do only the small buildings get repaired like the pilot mess?
Thanks

two27
Master Sergeant

Re: Pilot bail out and campaign questions

Post by two27 »

Hello,

I apologize about your wait for a reply. I don't normally look into the FAQ forum.

Squadron leader casualties: I assume the pilot bailed out in 3D. 3D code is mostly a mystery to me. In the 2D code (campaign map combat) when a commander is put out of action, the historical second commander of the unit assumes command. There are no third commanders built in, so the second commander's name will always be displayed from that point. I have in mind a variation on this for other commander names, but considering all the other needs in the campaign, that is well down the priority list.

Directives work on a toggle. Look for a red phone icon. If the phone is on the hook, then Directives are turned off. Phone off the hook, then Directives are turned on.

Most buildings do repair. If you are playing 2.12 or earlier, there are problems in the repair code. These have been resolved for 2.13. You can try the 2.13 beta (which you can find linked in the general forum) or wait for the upcoming release of 2.13 final.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”