Crew / pilot experience points

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
Thijs1975
Airman Basic

Crew / pilot experience points

Post by Thijs1975 »

Hello , I'm new here. I've tried to find the answer to the following question. I used to play BOB on my old Atari a long time ago. I had an option were pilots / crew would get experince points. So you could assign certain pilots / crew to planes for your missions. Is this also possible in wings of victory? I haven't found out yet. It would be great to have a kind of 'career mode'in the game were you would get top crews high lots of decorations / XP.

Regards

Danno
Airman

Re: Crew / pilot experience points

Post by Danno »

Hi Thijs, welcome to the forum. At the moment there is no career mode in BoB2 WoV. You can give your commander or pilot a name, but that is all I'm afraid to say. There is no system of points for promotion or awards, and the details of the missions you fly are only reported in very basic detail in the Pilot Log. All AI pilots are anonymous and are known by their callsigns; i.e Red2, Red3 etc. The details of their careers are not recorded at all. I'm not sure Rowan, the original makers of the game, ever included a career mode or made provision for one but I'm sure it's been mentioned to the BDG (the group of enthusiasts currently developing the game) as something that would be nice to have in the future if possible. Sorry to disappoint you! On the bright side though, the game has the most detailed and varied campaign of any flight simulator I've ever come across, is visually impressive, has what many feel are extremely accurate flight models and the best and most realistic AI enemies and wingmen that you will find. Just learning to fly the aircraft will keep you busy for ages, then learning to fight will cost you as much time and effort again (and many, many defeats), and after all that you've still got to learn to be a Commander and direct the R.A.F or Luftwaffe to victory in the BoB. Good luck!

Thijs1975
Airman Basic

Re: Crew / pilot experience points

Post by Thijs1975 »

Okay thanks fora your quick response, I'm sure I'm going to spend many hours on this game :) I used to play the 1989 game on my old Atari ( their finest hour) : http://www.amazon.com/Their-Finest-Hour ... B0028MP2RE I got a couple of very experienced bomber crews. I used to name them after some rock bands. At one point ZZTOP was my best crew :)

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”