2.11 & Green Acres

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
ratchet
Airman Basic

2.11 & Green Acres

Post by ratchet »

Hi Guys
Second post in four years, i haven't flown the sim for along time but i'am back now with renewed vigor and i suspect this will be the first of many queries anyway here goes.
1 Is it ok to apply Green Acres over 2.11. ( if so need idiots guide )
2 Has Anybody got any birds eye view photos of 11 group airfields.

Cheers Ratchet.

Oh and a big big thank you to everybody out there who is responsible for making this sim what it is today, the best time machine available.

two27
Master Sergeant

Re: 2.11 & Green Acres

Post by two27 »

Hello ratchet,

I believe you'll find your answer here.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... es#p189228

As for software to help managing the mods, when I first arrived not all that long ago, I found a post from Stickman in which he recommended Jonesoft's Generic Mod Enabler.

http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/softwa ... jsgme.html

Enjoy

Two

ratchet
Airman Basic

Post by ratchet »

Hi two
Thanks for your quick reply, i've tried the Jonesoft's Generic Mod Enabler and something went wrong and the game would not load so i used the
Mod Enabler to reverse the patching and tried to do it manually then i got an English text error and ended up doing a fresh install thats why i asked for idiot proof instructions i'am an old viper pilot from falcon four so i'am used to swapping files and i've edited config files, air files and made flight plans for fsx so i'am not sure what went wrong. If anybody out there could help i would appreciate it.
My pits nearly done so i need to get the software sorted as i intend to do a full SPC with my own log book and possibly daily reports.
This time it really is war.
Think i will have a play with the gamma levels see if i can get it a bit greener, thanks again for your reply two.
Cheers Ratchet.

two27
Master Sergeant

Post by two27 »

Ok, try this page. Read a bit down and you'll find the instructions for how to install manually

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&start=30

ratchet
Airman Basic

Post by ratchet »

It says back up the Landmap2 and Landmaps folders now do i remove them or take copies and put them in a safe place or just rename them as old. And when you unzip the folder your left with green acres\green acres\landmap2 & landmaps last night when swapped the new landmap2 & landmaps for the originals it would'nt load don't know what i'am doing wrong ???

Ratchet

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

ratchet,

Sorry my mod screwed you up.
As per JSGME, maybe you did not make a new MODS folder for BoBII?

Let me give some better Instructions for Manual Install. Safest way to manual install.
Link to Green Acres:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?j0hnnyooljk

- Back up the Landmap2 and Landmaps folders, in the case that you don't like these. I usually create a new folder called BoBII Backups for backing up folders and files.
- Extract the zip to Desktop.
- Open the Green Acres folder.
- Open Landmap2 folder. Select all files therein and copy them. Paste those files into the Battle of Britain II / Landmap2 folder.
- Open Landscap. folder. Select all files therein and copy them. Paste those files into the Battle of Britain II / Landscap folder.

You will need the Fartiles file for this mod.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?omyhxmltjmo

Install it like this:
- Back up the Landscap folder, in the case that you don't like these.
- Extract the zip to Desktop.
- Open the Green Acres FarTiles folder.
- Open Landscap folder. Copy Fartiles file. Paste it into the Battle of Britain II / Landscap folder.

If that results in problems, then you may have to reinstall BoBII again to straighten things out. I hope not.

------------------------------------------------------

Yes, this mod works OK with v2.11. I use it all the time.
I do not.
BTW, for v2.12 almost all RAF airfields will be rebuilt as per historical reality for BoB period. As well as some better factories and docks.
Hopefully in a couple months Ben, whom is doing the airfields, is almost done. I am 95% done with my work.
Then our compilations will need testing and an Installer made by Scott.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

ratchet wrote:
Photos, or map locations? Did you not get a file in your download, called umm...
multiskin_pdf_maps.zip ? Perhaps it only comes with the multiskin download.

Actual aerial photos of the airfields are very hard to come across, as they were
classified, all through the cold war, for many fields. This site has aerial images
from ~'44-'54 for a large swathe of Britain, but most of the RAF fields have been
"photoshopped" into farm fields: http://www.ukaerialphotos.com/

I gather the book "Battle of Britain Then and Now" has some aerial photos of
the airfields.

ratchet
Airman Basic

Post by ratchet »

Hi guys

Stickman thanks for your help i thought it might be a file cut and paste i must have read the instructions wrong anyways sorted now looks great !, and thanks for the update on v2.12 will green acres be part of that patch ? and will v2.12 be released this year ?, just wondering if i've got time to start and finish SPC.

PV thanks for you reply i will try that site and my wife going to be happy another BoB book i bought three at RAF duxford the weekend lol.

Thank you both

Ratchet

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Glad you got it OK.
thanks for the update on v2.12 will green acres be part of that patch ?
No. Ben is remaking those textures for v2.12. I have not seen them yet, but I do not think they will be as green as the ones Rummy made that are in my mod.
will v2.12 be released this year ?
It should be. July I hope.

ratchet
Airman Basic

Post by ratchet »

Thanks guys for all your help.

Cheers Ratchet.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”