Help for the best views to use,and clickable gauges

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
pocatellodave
Airman Basic

Help for the best views to use,and clickable gauges

Post by pocatellodave »

I hope Buddye takes a peak at this one because it's readily apparent to me he is very knowledgeable about BOB.I'm playing the game in veteran mode and I can't figure out what views are the most advantages.I'm used to the Aces High views,and I have them set so I'm able to see out of the cockpit with snap views to the best available advantage possible.BOB doesn't seem to have a straight up view,or a good 6 view.I'm just getting used to the views I have,and I'm wishing for a little help with what works for most pilots.Thanks to Buddye I have got the key commands and axis down pat.Buddye you are very right about BOB,it is a hobby,not just a flight sim.I'm so glad I found it.It is going to take time away from Aces High,as one can get burned out with it.Your always learning with BOB,I see that already.I have Microsoft X flight simulator and I bought the P-47 Razorback from A2A,and it is a real kick in the pants.BOB's flight model is actually tougher in my opinion,but the P-47 has most all gauges,and levers etc. clickable. I thought I would never care for MicrosoftX,boy was I wrong.Thanks to everyone that made BOB what it is today!
Dave

Buddye
BDG

Re: Help for the best views to use,and clickable gauges

Post by Buddye »

Hi Dave,

I am just a humble BOBII coder for the last 8 years so I am not an expert on BOBII game play. We have many super Instant Action and Campaign players who can better help you with your game play questions then me. I spend most of my time coding and do not get to play as much as I would like. You will get better Game Play help on the BOBII General forum IMHO where the players mostly hangout and check in.

Yes the BOBII Sim has a long learning curve and a new BOBII pilot need to go slow and learn the 100's of options, features, and settings so you can control the sim and set it up the way you will most enjoy.

I run trackIR so I have forgotten most all the view keys as I do not use them, sorry. I think most of our BOBII Game Players also use TrackIR but a few do not use it so they may be able to help. If you do not use TrackIR (which is fine) you will need to understand and learn the BOBII "Padlock System" and "view system" which IMHO are the strongest of all flight sims.

Let the User Manual be your friend and review Appendix H (a text about BOBII's keys) and Appendx A (a text about the "Bdg.txt" whick is BOBII's Options and features).

To see the clickable gauges (we have a key option for gauges including a 2D gauge system so a player can select the gauges he wants and display them anywere on the screen) but the 2D gauge system is another example of a feature you have to learn.

Remember you must set and fly "manual" controls to use the clickable gauges. You set manual controls at Option->Sim then select Manual Management and set it to "manual". Then when in the cockpit (cockpit View - key F7) do a mouse "Right Click" and move the pointer over a gauge. You do another mouse right click to get rid of the mounce pointer.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

pocatellodave
Airman Basic

Re: Help for the best views to use,and clickable gauges

Post by pocatellodave »

thanks a lot!
Dave

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”