Little help for a "Newbie"

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
pocatellodave
Airman Basic

Little help for a "Newbie"

Post by pocatellodave »

I rolled the dice and purchased BOB, Wings of Victory.I'm very glad I did,as the modders have made this game something special.The modders turned Silent Hunter V from a real crappy sim into a very enjoyable submarine sim.I have a lot of time spent with aviation sims.I played Air Warrior,Warbirds,Aces High...I still play that one,and I bought just about every flight sim that was put on the market.
I have the complete CH Products line up,Fighter stick,Pro Throttle,and Pro Pedals.I need some help with setting up the CH Products I have.I managed to get all the axis's set up but I can't set up the throttle or joystick within the game or with CH's Control Manager.I have looked through the manual,but I still can't fix it.Im fairly proficient with the control manager,so I should be able to get it right with a little help.Maybe if I use the all the buttons and key commands into the one joystick mode I can solve it.
I'm really impressed with the flight characteristics,and the eye candy is really good for such an older sim.The people that have done the the hard work to make this sim what it is,deserve a lot of credit.The same company put out Sky Defender,and it was a complete clunker for me.I get the companies mixed up.A2A,Tri Synergy,and Shockwave,completely baffle me.All I know is that BOB is a real gem!
Thanks for any help in advance.
Dave

Buddye
BDG

Re: Little help for a "Newbie"

Post by Buddye »

Hi Dave, Welcome to BOBII and the BOBII forum and community. Thanks for the kind words about BOBII. Here is a link about the BOBII developers:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... =48&t=9483

Is the BOBII picking up and licting all your CH controllers (stck,pedals, and throttle) under Options->Controls , Input Dive pull down list? It will need to list all your input devices so you can select them and assign them.

I have the CH Combat stick and CH Pro Pedals (I do not have the throttle but many other players have it set up so it is not a problem you just assign your CHThrottle to the correct axis).

Here is a pic of my set up you can use to set up your controllers (I hope). The User manual shold also provide you information under the controller chapter:

Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

pocatellodave
Airman Basic

Post by pocatellodave »

Hmmm!I have the same screen that you displayed,and All my CH products function well as far as flying goes.I just can't get the function buttons to work on my Pro Throttle or Fighter stick.Surely one doesn't have to use the keyboard to set the flaps down with a V?I usually can set up all the needed functions,views,etc. with the CH Control manager.I keep the buttons and hats as close to Aces High as I can,so I don't to relearn a bunch of new buttons.I thought I read another post that one had to use the keyboard to make flaps,views work.I hope that isn't the case.
I'm going to try another way to make the buttons and hats work the way I want them to.Thanks for the help.
Dave

pocatellodave
Airman Basic

Post by pocatellodave »

O.K. I got it figured out.I'm about stupid!All I had to do was move the clickable thingy down and then all the applications became visible.Man I'm really enjoying this sim a lot.The carbs cutting out Brit planes is so kewl!!This sim is much harder than Aces High, on the higher levels,and I'm still getting used to the change over.The 2.11 update is really nice.I like the old sims,as I still play Panzer General III,a ten year old sim!Thanks a lot for the help!
Dave

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”