bob2 video problem

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
mikeymaddog
Airman Basic

bob2 video problem

Post by mikeymaddog »

Has anyone ever had any trouble with the video's on bob2?

If you have could you please adivse me how to make them come on..thanks.

Buddye
BDG

Re: bob2 video problem

Post by Buddye »

Hi Mike,

It depends on your OS and what codec's you have installed.

You can start here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 17&t=20988
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

mikeymaddog
Airman Basic

Post by mikeymaddog »

I've got this on my pc.. Nvidia Gforce 9800GT, 52-in-to-1 card reader, 4gb ram, windows7 home, 1tb hard drive and a whole lot more but can't remember.. it use to play the video's but then i clicked the wrong thing on my pc and restored windows 7 home and ever since then the video's don't work. Also to be honest with you i'm very new to pc's myself and not sure what most of this stuff means lol.. i have downloaded the upgrade 2.11 to see if that would help but no.

Anyway thanks for the tips i'll give them a try and see what it does and i'll let you know how i got on.

Fish 40
Senior Airman

Post by Fish 40 »

I can see this thread is an old one, and I'm just wondering if this issue was ever resolved. I'm playing with Windows7 64 and the videos never played from day one. I didn't really care, but then I came across this thread today and tried the new set of video files from the link that Buddye posted. I backed up my AVI folder, and installed the new files. No go. I can view the files via Windows Media Player, but they don't show in game. I read all the suggestions (ATI user here) and what seems to work is the unchecking of "Disable Desktop Comp". Having this "checked" seems to be needed for successful play in Vista and 7, so there in lies a problem. It would be nice to have the vids in game, but it's far from a show stopper for me if they don't play. Unless there is a resolution to the issue that I missed, I guess I'll have to do without.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

I think it is as you stated. I am sure we will find it some day.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”