keeping formation

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
ukreb
Airman

keeping formation

Post by ukreb »

How does one keep formation when playing as a pilot in the campaign game? When i use the map and hit accelerate to next waypoint i always end up either miles in front or miles behind the rest of the squadron.Is there something i'm doing wrong?.....i'm fairly new to this so :oops:
Don't worry Men They couldn't hit an Elephant at this dist....

Buddye
BDG

Re: keeping formation

Post by Buddye »

I am not a good campaign player. I am just a coder.

To keep the formation together I always hit autopilot first (control+A), and the I hit Accel (Tab) to get to the next waypoint.

Maybe some of our good campaign players will spot this thread.........
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

borton
BDG

Re: keeping formation

Post by borton »

Sorry, ukreb, I've only just spotted this.

I'm afraid that this has been a problem with BoB ab initio. I take it that you are not flying Red Leader as this is the only occasion when the rest of the squadron will stay with you after the routine as described by Buddye.

If you fly, say, Green Leader (as I normally do), Green 2 and 3 will usually stay with you but not always. If you fly as a wingman, say Green 2 or 3, you will always end up on your own.

Funnily enough, I have never tried to fly as Blue 2, who is presumably the B Flight Leader and wonder if not only his wingmen but Green section stay with him too. Unfortunately, I cannot try this out for myself at the moment as I no longer have a working BoB as it has been corrupted by the latest 2.11 test upgrade.

Hopefully, this will be sorted out by the time you lot get your hands on it! :wink:

Finding the rest of your squadron when you have lost the blighters as you arrive at the selected Waypoint can be a bit of a pain. I usually go straight back into Autopilot and let BoB sort it all out. Hopefully, one is isn't bounced by a 1,000 angry 109s whilst this is going on. :)

Resources are limited so it may be a while before this problem is sorted.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”