BOB II with Saitek X 52 controller.

A place where general info about BOB2 can be found
new reply
Windjammer
Airman Basic

BOB II with Saitek X 52 controller.

Post by Windjammer »

Can anyone suggest suggest how I get response on BOB II using X52 controller.
The only thing that seems to work correctly is machine gun operation from the controller trigger. Have tried everything - I think, but I must have overlooked something.
The X52 works perfectly well with FSX, hence the confusion.

Thanks.

Trumper
BDG

Re: BOB II with Saitek X 52 controller.

Post by Trumper »

:) I have the x 52 [not the pro version] and it works fine.I tried to see if i could e mail you the profiles i use but there isn't the option.
I will see if i can link some photos of my set up.

Are you programming it via the Saitek profile programmer.You need to map to controls via the key mapping ingame.
Have a read in the manual in the main BoB folder installed on your computer as well.
OPTIONS>CONTROLS>KEYMAPPING ,you will also need to go OPTIONS>CONTROLS>INPUT>CUSTOM and the move and save your controls,i e ailerons,rudder,elevators.

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... =48&t=8331

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... 17&t=10138
Controller/Joystick Set Up Notes
TAKEN FROM THE LINK ABOVE
Here is information I pulled from the Shockwave forum by CP_Bomber. Note the Keymapping part #6. Hope it helps and let us know if you have questions. Please note that the same information is in our User Manual and keycard which is located in your BOBII folder in the docs folder.

You might also want to look at and download our "key description" document which can help you understand BOBII keys:

http://shockwaveproductions.com/forum/v ... php?t=8331

Secondly, I've just had a look through the key & axis mapping in the game again to refresh my memory before posting here.

Personally, I didn't have any problems.

1) Before you start trying to configure your stick in game, make sure all switches are OFF.

2) CONTROLLERS, CUSTOM
This is where you can assign the main joystick axis.
Left click on the required axis under the "assign axis" list. The axis should be highlighted red. The move the required axis in it's full range of motion and it should be recognized.

3)If you make a mistake with the axis assignment, highlight the one you want to undo then click on "clear" to return to it's default setting.

4)Repeat until all main axis have been assigned to your liking.
Once complete, click on CONTINUE (top right of screen). And when asked if you want your changes saved, click on YES.

5)IMPORTANT. Now, exit the game back to desktop, then restart it. The game does not permanently keep any changes or settings unless it has been quit & restarted.

6)Go back to controllers, then click on KEYMAPPING.

7)Scroll through the list, and left click with the mouse once to highlight the current button/key assign to the control of your choice (note: left click the key you want but in the right column). At the bottom, a message will appear:

"polling input devices.. please press the button you want to map, or the "cancel" button to stop polling. Press "clear" button to remove a mapping." (NOTE: You must get the Polling message to assign keys).

When you press the required stick button or key, this should be recognized and listed by the function you wanted to remap.

Repeat for all commands required.

NOTE: You must hit "save" on the bottom left of the screen to save the joystick keys. If you leave without hitting save the keys will "not" be saved.
Here is a screen shot of what you should see. Note the polling message that the SW is ready for the button press. also NOTE the "red" highlight where I lef clicked. The Warning box should/will come up when you press the button.

8)Now when complete, click on the tick mark of the key mapping window. A box will appear and ask if you want to save your changes. Click YES. Then click CONTINUE, then exit the game to ensure everything is saved. This is OK but You must also hit save in the bottom left of the screen.

NOTE: you must hit save in the lower left of the screen to save your jotstick keys

9)Restart the game, and take a testflight in the instant action missions (like landings) in the aircraft of your choice, and check to see if everything is to your liking. If you need to make any changes, go back to the controllers menu and repeat the above steps.
REMEMBER TO EXIT THE GAME AFTER ANY CHANGES AND THEN RESTART TO ENSURE THAT YOUR CHOICES ARE SAVED.

If when you try to assign a key/button/axis to a command and something else gets assigned immediately, then some input device on your computer is continuously transmitting. Make sure CapsLock & ScrollLock are off on the keyboard when assigning commands.
Go into the game controller section of the windows control panel, check the properties of the joystick and see if any button / switch / rotary is "firing". Memory mode should be on stage "1" and Aux.Mode should be the same. The rotaries should not be giving any signals either. Turn them so they report as "off".

If the mouse if causing the trouble, you may need to check it's double-click speed or try turning off click-lock if engaged.

Also, make sure your drivers & programming software are up-to-date for the sticks too.
:) I hope some of this helps.

Windjammer
Airman Basic

Post by Windjammer »

Many thanks Trumper.
Your advice much appreciated.

WJ.

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

Windjammer wrote:Many thanks Trumper.
Your advice much appreciated.

WJ.
No problems,everyone on here is very friendly and will try to help.
If you still need any help let me know and i 'll try to run through my settings etc,
Good luck,it gets easier after you've re done it several times LOL. :)

new reply

Return to “BOB2 FAQ FORUM”