B377 Strat and MSFS2020

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Neon
Technical Sergeant

B377 Strat and MSFS2020

Post by Neon »

Hey,

Will you at some point be releasiong any of the Captain of the Ship planes, (especially the B377) for MSFS2020???

I have a long love affair with the B377 and it'd be amazing to have it in FS2020 with all PBR textures oooooeee :D

I am starving for some study level planes in this amazing sim. Especially where the physics are a little
more polished than the default planes.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Re: B377 Strat and MSFS2020

Post by Mantock »

Hi Neon,

So am I! Can't wait for A2A to release things for MSFS. But as with all the GOOD developers. They are taking more time to develop their products, especially as the MSFS SDK is still not in a mature state. That and certain things about MSFS are still 'in production'. I have heard from other developers that the flight model for instance is not right at all, I think it's constantly being improved but there's still a lot that needs done before we call MSFS a stable and mature base to build quality content for.

Regards,
-Peter
ImageImage

Warbirds
Technical Sergeant

Post by Warbirds »

As a developer I can tell you that MSFS is in no way ready for a complex steam gauge plane like the 377. They change things every update and last months update might make trash all your work.

I keep FSX for the B377 and use Cal Classic Propliners vintage airports and such. I think the B 377 is the greatest steam gauge model we have and worth all the trouble of making FSX fit it.
Paul Grubich 2018
Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

SpeedbirdBOAC
Senior Airman

Post by SpeedbirdBOAC »

Warbirds wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 16:17 As a developer I can tell you that MSFS is in no way ready for a complex steam gauge plane like the 377. They change things every update and last months update might make trash all your work.

I keep FSX for the B377 and use Cal Classic Propliners vintage airports and such. I think the B 377 is the greatest steam gauge model we have and worth all the trouble of making FSX fit it.
The PMDG DC-6 proves this to not be the case! The DC-6 is incredible and makes me super nostalgic for the A2A 377, and I hope to see it in 2020 one day.

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

SpeedbirdBOAC wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 10:15
Warbirds wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 16:17 As a developer I can tell you that MSFS is in no way ready for a complex steam gauge plane like the 377. They change things every update and last months update might make trash all your work.

The PMDG DC-6 proves this to not be the case! The DC-6 is incredible and makes me super nostalgic for the A2A 377, and I hope to see it in 2020 one day.
+1. Really miss the "Strat" and also hope A2A brings it to MSFS2020.
Garry

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

To be honest, from all addons A2A ever made, I got the best memories, feelings and stories from the Strat. Despite its age it is still the best propliner simulation out there- better than the Connie and the DC6 as well. I really hope to see the 377 with COTS back in MSFS (after we didn't see it in P3D). She deserves it. It's the plane where it all started with Accusim.
Flying the DC6 right now. It's a nice addon, well made, with only a few shortcomings- but I miss Heidi (or Betty). I miss screaming babies. Things that go wrong. People who spill their lunch during a thunderstorm. Bring her back! ;)
Kind regards, Matthias

Mustang
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mustang »

Yes, the DC-6 for MSFS has brought a new longing for the 377 to the fore.

However, it seems plenty can go wrong in the DC-6, but that's mainly to do with a small quirk in MSFS which seems prevalent in the DC-6 for some people - when you press the right-mouse button to pan the view, it can sometimes cause switches elsewhere in the cockpit to be toggled. So you get havoc and randomised 'failures', but not quite as the designers intended! :mrgreen:

On the one hand, it's nice that the DC-6 can be flown entirely from the captain's seat even if you want to manage the engines yourself, but on the other hand, I really miss the flight engineer's panel of the Strat. It's almost a piece of art by itself. Also miss the spacious cockpit and panoramic views, and the navigator's table and the little viewport window... :cry:

Once the sim matures and the blockers for Accu-Sim are removed, I hope one day she will see the light of day again. Guess it depends on how big the market might be, and previous sales performance.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”