CO2 Fire Extinguisher

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Avio
Staff Sergeant

CO2 Fire Extinguisher

Post by Avio »

So I finally bought the COTS and been practicing a little. Tried out the fire extinguisher but found that the switch's cover flips open and close upon clicking, all in one action. Shouldn't it let me open the cover, and then select fire 1 or 2 ? I didn't get to choose firing on bottles 1 or 2. Anyone tried this?

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: CO2 Fire Extinguisher

Post by TreeTops »

Have you selected an engine first?
They can be found on the Fire Panel forward of the CO2 extinguisher switch.
The Fire Ext. Valve for each engine is just the to right of the vertical NORMAL text.
Then clicking on the CO2 extinguisher with fire the first bottle and you will hear a sound. Select the switch again will fire the second bottle.

hope this is helpful.
Cheers
Trev

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

I tested on number 2 engine by flipping the gangway plate to switch all switches to fire, then mouse click on the CO2 switch. Problem is the mouse click resulted in the CO2 switch cover to open and close immediately. The cover did not stay open for me to select whether to fire 1st bottle or 2nd one.

The whole sequence did stop the number 2 engine though.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Clicking the red CO2 switch will fire the first bottle. Click it again it will fire the second bottle.
Cheers
Trev

Avio
Staff Sergeant

Post by Avio »

Thanks. So first click the cap cover opens with switch flipped to 1st, then closes. 2nd click repeats action but flips switch to 2nd. Do correct me if wrong.

I thought real world should be open cover then flip inside switch to 1st and then 2nd, if need be.

If the thing works like a toggle, should i need to put out fire in another engine, it would be confusing keeping track of which bottle had been used.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Treat the engines correctly and you wont need to use it. :)
Cheers
Trev

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Each engine should have its own fire bottles.
The flip switch is just the trigger for them.
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”