No raising to the minimums of oil pressure after boost.

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Guus
Airman

No raising to the minimums of oil pressure after boost.

Post by Guus »

Hi,

I am looking in vain for a solution that helps me to start ALL 4 engines of the B377.
If I do everything manually according to the check-lists (without live engineer) at an ambient temp. of approx. 26 * C it happens quite often that 1 of the 4 (random) engines does not allow the oil pressure in that engine to build up to the minimum 50 ... 60 PSI. My Flight Engineer also does not say that the oil pressure is raising. However, the propeller continues to spin after the boost, but the instruments indicate that it is not ok ... After a few minutes, the engine stops ! What could be wrong here ? What am I missing ? And who can help me with this?!

Greetings, Guus.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: No raising to the minimums of oil pressure after boost.

Post by Jacques »

Hi Guus, I haven’t flown the 377 for a long while now since moving to P3Dv4, but what happens if you let the flight engineer do everything for you? Do all the engines start successfully? The callout for oil pressure rising is indicative of an engine start, so if you don’t hear that message than the engine probably hasn’t actually started yet.
Try having the engineer run through the startup .
If they all start fine with the engineer in control, then you’re probably forgetting something or not priming enough...or too much.😉

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: No raising to the minimums of oil pressure after boost.

Post by Lewis - A2A »

"Try having the engineer run through the startup .
If they all start fine with the engineer in control, then you’re probably forgetting something or not priming enough...or too much."

That is great advice and a quick and dirty test to if its a tech issue, or a manual issue. If the PC can start it going through the standard procedure then the error is probably in the human element. One thing to remember is that the engines are dynamic, so make sure that you have some in the way you work. Its not digital, its not all the same so if one engine require a bit more of a nudge, dont be afraid to nudge it.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”