Repaint Air Force One not working for me

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Edmeister
Airman

Repaint Air Force One not working for me

Post by Edmeister »

Hi guys! I have owned my B377 COTS for about 6 months now, and I am really enjoying flying it. A2A is simply the best in my book. I am new to installing
repaints. I have downloaded "Air Force One" from another website but it is the same plane as the one here. I went on youtube and watched the video
but I can't get the plane to show up. On FSX I made sure to check "show all variations" so that is not the problem. I followed the installion instructions to
the best of my knowledge. I am running Win7 Home Premium SP1,64 bit on a Dell PC. The A2a planes are numbered correctly in the Aircraft config file.
The texture file was edited per the read first instructions with the download. There are two other images online one of the plane and one of the guages
that don't seem to be included in the download. The repaint is by Paul Grubich. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Edmeister :?

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Repaint Air Force One not working for me

Post by FAC257 »

Edmeister

If you copy and paste just the repaint section of your 377, we might be able to spot something.

Also, the original file is still over at flightsim in the library. The repaint folder should have 41 files in it, including eight cockpit texture files that begin with "vc".
There are no gauge files, just a military color scheme for the panel and interior.

Forest
FAC257

Edmeister
Airman

Post by Edmeister »

Forest, thank you for your reply. This is the first time that I have ever attempted to install a repaint. Eureka! I finally got it to work. Here is what I did wrong.
There is an A2a folder in FSX, but it is not in airplanes. I tried to install it from that location, it did not work. Then I went into simobjects, airplanes, scrolled down to B377 Wos, followed the instruction, and it worked! It only took me three days to figure it out. The repaint is perfect.

Thanks again! Edmeister :D

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

That's great. I've been installing repaints for years and still run into self-inflicted glitches once in a while. :)

Forest
FAC257

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”