Doing Better Flying the 377

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Edmeister
Airman

Doing Better Flying the 377

Post by Edmeister »

I am finally getting better at flying the 377. I am doing better at managing the engine systems, etc, leaning
out the mixture in cruise mode. My maximum altitude so far is 16,00 ft. :) Now if I can only land it. :) Between
reading the pilot's manual, and some of the posts here at the forum, I am getting better at flying her.

Thanks guys! Edmeister :D

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Re: Doing Better Flying the 377

Post by TreeTops »

Good to hear mate. Just give yourself a long straight in approach and you will have the landings sorted in no time.
Cheers
Trev

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Doing Better Flying the 377

Post by flapman »

CalClassic Propliners - BOEING B367 Stratofreighter and B377 Stratocruiser MINI TUTORIAL 29/08/10

I know you have enough reading material on your plate, but here's another resource to study.
It applies to an FS2004 freeware aircraft, and has many simplifications compared to our payware version, but you should be able to gain some insight into the demanding task of flying these beasts well.
I suggest you maximize your use of A2A materials if you try and fly it this way, especially for cruise performance and takeoff engine power limits.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”