B377 on Prepared 3D

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
dbw
Airman

Re: B377 on Prepared 3D

Post by dbw »

DrumsArt wrote:+1 for P3Dv4 or v5 or v6...Please.
Thanks and Regards,
Richard
Being a former round engine driver in the RW I look forward to this as well. It was a great product.
Dave

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

flapman wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:A2A has stated in the past they wish to do a full update on the B377 to integrate what has been learned in the L049 development and other new technologies to make it viable for the long haul.
Wonderful news!

Sounds good! It's hard to wait for such a product, I think its great that people love the 377 just as much as all the high tech addons that are coming out these days from FSLabs and PMDG. Especially since the 377 is a 10 year old addon at this point!!! PBR would look great, but I'm sure A2A is thinking very carefully about how and when to integrate PBR into all their addons, its not an easy quick 'fix'. But the future is very bright and hopeful for the community. Bring on 2019!!

I just hope that A2A gives us more insight on what they are intending for re-releasing the 377 in v4
ImageImage

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Guys, please don't misunderstand. There are no solid plans for an update. As I said - they WISH to update it (not specifically for P3Dv4, but update it in general) but that it's a very hard process. This is not the same as they PLAN to update it. Only A2A can say if it will be updated, I'm just making sure it's understood that if it is updated, it's not going to be a simple and easy thing becuase it's going to need an extensive rework to make it to the level they want it if it was.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification Cap!
ImageImage

Tobus75
Senior Airman

Post by Tobus75 »

CAPFlyer wrote:Guys, please remember that while the B377 is the "flagship" of the COTS line, it's also by far the oldest product sold by A2A. The model is very early FSX and many things have been learned since then and much has changed. While they could just put out a "simple" update, A2A has stated in the past they wish to do a full update on the B377 to integrate what has been learned in the L049 development and other new technologies to make it viable for the long haul. That's not a simple thing to do, so please be patient with them.
Very patiently wanting this :wink:

mtrewet
Airman

Post by mtrewet »

So I moved to P3D about 16 months ago. I've missed flying that beast ever since. There was a thread saying that it will be updated to P3D(Lewis confirmed, he just didn't know when). I agree shes the oldest in the fleet but, we haven't seen a B17 redo either, and as i recall, the B17 is fairly new. I know it all takes a huge amount of time to refresh to a new platform, AND update but, i think for right now we,d all just love to see her in P3D. we'll take the updates later. I miss managing 4 temperamental, angry engines!!! Just my 2 cents.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

The engine management in the B377 is like none other! The Connie doesn't even come close to engine fires, I've flown almost 100hrs in the Connie by now it must be, and not one sniff of an overheating engine,

-Peter
ImageImage

severniae
Senior Airman

Post by severniae »

A good reason for that too, the 'corncob' liked to go on the barbeque somewhat regularly!

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

If the b377 wants to remain the flagship then it needs to come to p3d.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

PATCO LCH
Airman Basic

Post by PATCO LCH »

I didn't buy the Stratocruser in FSX but have been more and more enamored by these fire breathers latly. The COTS B377 would be a quick buy for me in P3DV4.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

Yup!

They have a lot on their hands, A2A don't release news updates terribly frequently but when they do its always worth the read. They are full tilt I imagine on a number of projects at once, some we know about and some I'm sure we don't!
Last time I heard the B377 mentioned I was told its on a long list of stuff that needs done at A2A. So I don't imagine we will see it soon :( I think we will see the Cub and possibly the B-17 released for P3Dv4 before we get the B377. Which is a shame, I'd do it totally the other way round personally, but I'm happy to get what we do from them. Also they are having to make big decisions about MS2020. Like many other good developers MS2020 probably hit them all like a deer in the headlights like the rest of the community. So I'm sure there's some work going on in the background to see how they can begin thinking of that platform as well.
ImageImage

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Curious if any progress has been made on the b377 for P3d?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Hard to believe it was June/July 2011 when B377 COTS was released. That's closing in on 9 years without fixing some core issues and 3 years since the last update.
Aside from a few small general things and the Guppy heat/intercoolers, It is still an amazing plane which I love flying.
Before Christmas I did a flight from Perth across to the Gold Coast, 7 hrs est. At 40nm to go FSX ran out of memory. Aggghhhh. 7 hours wasted and nothing to show for it in the pilot log.
I only have FSX for these non P3D planes and its so easy to forget some of the problems we have with FSX.
It sure would be nice to get it into P3D and the upcoming MSFS.
Cheers
Trev

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Hi,
It's really a missing part in P3Dv4.5.

Please, would it be possible to get some news from the team about a possible conversion? She deserves it, I think. 8) :)

Thank you and Regards,
Richard
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

I really miss it as well! Basically you can kind of hack it into P3Dv3 as thats still 32bit but P3Dv4 and upwards is 64bit and therefore it just doesn't work. :(
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”