Back in the Strat – Trans Pacific Overnight RJTT-KSFO

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
jtwillia
Airman

Back in the Strat – Trans Pacific Overnight RJTT-KSFO

Post by jtwillia »

After a long hiatus I have started flying the B-377 Stratocruiser again. I was able get a few good legs in during the month and was contemplating a long flight. I have never come close to duplicating my personal best flight several years back (in a different career) and looking at the winds over the North Pacific, I thought I might get pretty good time and distance going from Tokyo to San Francisco.

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wi ... 28.82,1185

It took me over 2 hours to climb to cruise altitude. I was able to get to FL280 but needed to get higher to get into the really fast (100knts +) jetstream winds at FL340. I was unable to climb that high and reached a FL290 before settling into long range cruise. I documented this flight using the FS Duenna program and it was logged here:

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight ... 9N0uCMAQzY

You can see the final step climb I did to FL300 near the end of the flight. The tables below the graphic show the altitude, ground speed, fuel flow, and winds over the duration of the flight.

I was a bit disappointed that I could not break my prior personal best, but it was a good flight. I would like to thank FoMoCo63 for providing the PanAm White Top N1037V which I used for this flight. Captains Log and some pictures of my arrival in San Francisco below.

Jeffrey Williams

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Back in the Strat – Trans Pacific Overnight RJTT-KSFO

Post by n421nj »

Wow. Great flight. I got 3 poor engines that suck oil like mad. No way I'd make a 12 hr flight.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

FoMoCo63
Senior Airman

Post by FoMoCo63 »

Nice long flight and well done. I need to do some flights as well and get use to the aircraft before I purchase COTS update. Was good on take off, and cruise. It is the landings I need to read more about :) thanks for sharing the pic's enjoyed.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice job, and lovely screen shots you can feel the sun and good weather 8)

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

jtwillia,

That's an excellent flight and Flight Log stats.

If you would like me to update your older log up in the COTS thread, just let me know.
FAC257

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

The PAA is one of my favorite paint schemes as well. Have you guys every heard the baby cry? I needed to get down in altitude fast the other day, when evidently I exceeded the limits on a babies ears during the descent. I guess the baby just couldn't clear it's ears as fast as I was descending. Sorry little one for your discomfort!

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :oops:

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Awesome. Good ole clipper
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”