Engine sound

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Henning
Airman First Class

Engine sound

Post by Henning »

hey! i realy love this bird,good work A2A,but why is the engine sound much lower outside i mean the engine sound is much higer inside the cocpit,if you take a outside wiew the engine sound is so low.I like outside engine sound is loud and inside in the cocpit lower.

sorry my english :oops:

Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar: C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS, J3 Cub, T6, P40, Connie, ?

AKSledhead
Airman

Re: Engine sound

Post by AKSledhead »

I've seen the thread brought up a few times with no official fix, but the problem isn't the levels of the sound - it's the bounding box around the 377's model, it's simply too big and thus puts your view far away from the aircraft. FSX camera distance drastically affects engine sound volume, to see this in the 377... just place it at an airport and hold down on your hat switch until you're right next to the aircraft and you'll see how loud it gets.

Perhaps the A2A modeler can take a look at this bounding box and perhaps decrease its size a good bit, this would no doubt solve the problem.
Best regards,
Joseph Chamberlain

Henning
Airman First Class

Post by Henning »

AKSledhead wrote:I've seen the thread brought up a few times with no official fix, but the problem isn't the levels of the sound - it's the bounding box around the 377's model, it's simply too big and thus puts your view far away from the aircraft. FSX camera distance drastically affects engine sound volume, to see this in the 377... just place it at an airport and hold down on your hat switch until you're right next to the aircraft and you'll see how loud it gets.

Perhaps the A2A modeler can take a look at this bounding box and perhaps decrease its size a good bit, this would no doubt solve the problem.
if someone will fix this i will be happy,inside engine sound little bit down and outside op good bit,
Thanks for Your responce, see you in the air :mrgreen:

Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar: C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS, J3 Cub, T6, P40, Connie, ?

AKSledhead
Airman

Post by AKSledhead »

Wondering if we can get a hotfix for the model file perhaps? With a smaller boundary box?
Best regards,
Joseph Chamberlain

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I solved the external engine volume by editing the sound.cfg file as follows.

Find 32 occurrences of the string:
OutsideConeVolume=9000

after each one add the following line:
full_scale_distance=100

This should fix the external engine sounds.

As for the bounding box, I used a free program called RADitor to edit the bounding box radius. From my notes:

Used RADItor to change radius from 31.178 to 20, chase distance is now better, save files should have camera.1.6 chase distance at 80, not 124 or 36 or whatever, all bounding boxes are off but length, but radius is probably the only one that needs to be changed. Beyond that, you're on your own.

Be sure to back up any files before changing them in case things don't work the way you wanted.

Hook

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hey guys are you running the latest update for COTS?

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Lewis,

Even in COTS, the exterior sound is very, very quiet.

JP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”