Weathership gauge V 1.0 Available

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
ThomasL
Airman

Re: Weathership gauge V 1.0 Available

Post by ThomasL »

Hello,

Just discovered this thread and gauge, which looks absolutely AMAZING.
I will test it as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot!

Thomas
Thomas L. - Rookie Pilot & Navigator
B-17G & AccuSim fan.

ThomasL
Airman

Post by ThomasL »

Could someone confirm my method for determining my position from a ship's bearing?

-> I take my magnetic heading, correct for magnetic variation, add the relative bearing of the ship, it gives me the true heading TO the ship. Now, I do 360 - this heading, and draw it on a map, then I know I am somewhere on this line.

Is this OK?
Thomas L. - Rookie Pilot & Navigator
B-17G & AccuSim fan.

Treetop64
Airman First Class

Post by Treetop64 »

I just found out about this, and I'm excited to try it.

I wish there was some way of properly simulating astronavigation in the sim, with a simulated sextant in the astrodome and all. Now that would totally geek me out! :mrgreen:

EDIT: Ok. The ????? was describing the tool used by navigators to do sun shots, but I guess the first three letters of it wouldn't clear the profanity filter! :lol:
ImageImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

You an get a *SIXtent* for MSFS. I think it will work in FSX, might be able to find it at the normal places, AVSIM etc.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Sledgehammer427
Airman

Post by Sledgehammer427 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:You an get a *SIXtent* for MSFS.
who needs a sixtent? my fivetent works just fine :P just found out about this gauge, can't wait to try it when I get home!

jahman
Senior Airman

Post by jahman »

I wish there was some way of properly simulating astronavigation in the sim
Get the Dave Bitzer Bubble Sixtant and Driftmeter gauges here:
http://www.dc3airways.com/useful/downloads/gauges.htm

Cheersm

- jahman.

BraselC5048
Airman First Class

Post by BraselC5048 »

Wow, I thought I'd never see this. Does it work in fs2004? (I've got super-G waiting for it.)

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

I know it's been awhile for any posts on this but when I saw the availability of the Weathership Gauge I wanted to give it a try and can't get it to show up.

I "un-zipped" the Cab file and put all the files from there into the panel folder and then made the changes to the panel.cfg per the install instructions. Loaded up the aircraft and turned on the battery and avionics switches (confirmed by bringing up ATC). When I try to bring up the Weathership Gauge it flashes for about 1/2 second and disappears...the normal radio panel stays visible though.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help. I'm planning my next flight to Hawaii (just loaded the CalClassic Honolulu scenery) so would like to try it out.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Weathership gauge V 1.0 Available

Post by Jacques »

Hi triflyman,

You need to be sure to // out every line of the original cfg for [Window06], and copy and paste the new [Window06] and the three gauges ( 00-02) into your cfg file. Save it, and then load the Strat. Be sure to double and triple check your new cfg to make sure there isn't some artifact left behind, otherwise there will be troubles!

Nico
Senior Airman

Post by Nico »

There's a newer version for this file somewhere, I don't know the link, I'm on a mobile device here, but it's specifically for FSX.

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Thanks for the replies. Did a search for a newer version and could not find one. As far as I know this v1.0 is for FSX since the aircraft is for FSX. Decided to download file again and start over. I saw on this thread where someone else did that and it worked a second time.

I'll be sure to triple check my cfg file. What's strange is I see the panel flash on the screen for a quick blip, the view menu has a check mark next to it...but just can't see it.

Again thanks.

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Got it working. Problem was me (usually is). When I saw the instructions saying copy "Weathership.CAB" to the panel folder and saw the file was a WinZip file I assumed (you know what they say about that) I had to Un-Zip it first...wrong. Once I placed the whole Zipped file in the panel folder it came up just like the manual says. Can't wait to try it out. Wish it would work with all NDB's...nice to have a rotating card and movable loop.

Thanks,

Nico
Senior Airman

Post by Nico »

Glad to hear that it works for you! I'm sorry for causing confusion, I have misread your post and thought you were asking for the sextant file.

Anyway, it might be useful for some so here is the link to the updated version that I have mentioned:

http://kronzky.info/fs/sextant/

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Caution: After I installed the WeatherShip I lost 3 of my hot keys including ground steering, mixture control (also from my controller buttons) and reverse thrust. Removed WeatherShip and everything came back. I'm going to re-download (in case the file was corrupted in the first download) play with it to see if I did the install wrong or something and let this topic know if I find anything I did wrong on the install.

triflyman
Senior Airman

Post by triflyman »

Downloaded Weathership again and did a new install. Everything seems to be working normally now with the App installed.

Must have gotten corrupted on the first download.

Have to wait a week before next flight (which will be to Honolulu)...going out of town tomorrow.

Thanks again...weird experience.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”