Attention COTS Pilots - Post Your Captain's Logs Here

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Attention COTS Pilots - Post Your Captain's Logs Here

Post by FAC257 »

Captain Of The Ship Airlines

Now that you can start your own career with the Boeing 377, you need a place to show off those Captain's Logs. So here you go!

Instead of a VA airline, this is more of a VCA or Very Casual Airline. There are really no rules or regulations to worry about. You can fly anywhere you want, anytime you want, online or offline it does not matter. You can post a single Captain's Log that you are proud of or continue to post updated Captain's Logs if you are building a career. All that is necessary is to have a Captain's Log that you want to share with other pilots.

In order to become a member of the COTS VCA, simply add a reply with a picture of your Captain's Log to this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pilot Roster - Updated 2017-04-16 UTC-22:30
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dollar Per Mile Pilots
Kakarot133.......$.57
Jtwillia............$.63
Blackhawks.......$.65
N1684T............$.68
FAC257............$.70
E. Wimberly......$.72
Jacques............$.75
Domarien.........$.78
Izzi.................$.78
Nextalcupfan.... $.83
Haroldeh...........$.88
DC3.................$.92
Flyboy4612........$.97
Icarus1976........$.98
1SgtMajor.........$.99
Mickel..............$.99

Highest Salary Pilot's(1950)
Kakarot133......$25,567

One Million Passenger Miles
Jtwillia.........2,629,386
Blackhawks....2,049,726
Canuck........,1,951,040
Guldrel.........2,073,069
Domarien......1,712,639
Rjoosterloo....1,035,060
Mickel..........1,151,558

Ten Million Passenger Miles
Kakarot133.............. 23,139,404
FAC257...................15,995,011
Ernest Whimberly.......15,711,450
Izzii........................13,387,306

Seaniam81

Wothan

1SgtMajor

Dagon

Aesguerra

Jigsaw

Domarien

FAC257

Hawk570

Q3ark

Winged532

N1684T

Blackhawks

Haroldeh

Flyboy4612

Izzii

Icarus1976

Canuck

IanP

Jtwillia

Somethingfake

Ernest Wimberly

Rjoosterloo

Gulredrel

Kakarot133

Nextalcupfan

ChristianPC

DC3

Jacques

Styggron
Image Image

Rosariomanzo

LATEST LOG ENTRY !!!
Mickel
FAC257

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Re: Attention COTS Pilots - Post Your Captain's Logs Here

Post by seaniam81 »

Sorry, A day late.
But here is my Captain's Log
Last edited by seaniam81 on 07 Jul 2011, 21:06, edited 1 time in total.

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

Requested by FAC257, I have moved my log in here:

FinnJ
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Wothan

Thanks!

I figured since you were the first one to actually post a log you were proud of, it should be in here.

FAC
FAC257

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

I'll bet you would get more posts here if you Administrator guys would fix the forum so that screenshots could be uploaded Directly to this site. It is kind of a pain to have to upload them to a third party site and link to them.
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

edit
Yes I do see that but I was at Cairns doing touch and Go's then just loaded the aircraft and took off and headed for Brisbane :-(
Last edited by Norforce on 08 Jul 2011, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Norforce, I hate to be the one to point this out to you, but...

I posted about this issue yesterday, as a potential Gotcha, or perhaps you could even view it as a Game Exploit. Look at your Ground Distance / Air Distance. Basically it is incorrect and it is screwing up all the cost figures. Did you happen to move the aircraft via the Go To Airport pulldown from the FSX menu at the beginning of the flight??? Although the figures would appear to be reversed, I -think-that it might be giving you credit for "flying" 1520 miles but using only 816 miles worth of fuel. In other words you time-warped the difference in the distances. Don't believe me, look at the Ground /Air distances posted by Seaniam81 and Wothan, and notice how close they are, and their relative fuel use per mile.

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

wothan
Thank You!

seaniam81
You came very close to breaking the $1.00 Cost Per Mile on that flight. Great Job!

After some more flying, if either of you have a Captain's Log that you would like to see in place of the ones above just post it into a new reply. Make a note that it is your newest one and I'll take of it from there.

Thanks again!

FAC
FAC257

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

bigjuicyspider

At this time the Cost Per Mile is calculated using this formula during a single flight.
Total Fuel Cost plus Total Maintenance Cost divided by the Ground Miles

If you apply those calculations to either of the logs already posted, the Cost Per Mile figures are correct.

In calculating the Cost Per Mile on a flight it, not only takes into account the amount of fuel you burned, but also how much wear and tear you inflicted on the aircraft during the flight. Anything above $2.00 per mile means your flying with a lead foot and or beating the aircraft to pieces. Turning in flights between $2.00 Cost Per Mile and $1.00 Cost Per Mile are normal very respectable numbers. Turning in flights under $1.00 Cost Per Mile is some great flying that takes very skillful managment of the engines and fuel.

FAC
FAC257

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

FAC257,

You obviously missed the log that Norforce posted originally and then removed. It was not showing correct calculations, and I was simply cautioning people that the calculations will be screwed up if the airplane is transported anywhere via the Go To Airport function, which has been confirmed by Mr. Scott. Not my intention to interfere with the purpose of this thread though or use it to report anomalies, so I'll go away :)

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

bigjuicyspider

I did miss that one, but if it had some slewing going on or changing of aircraft locations once the flight was in progress, I imagine it could come up with some whacky numbers. :)

If you guys get a normally flown Captain's Log that shows something that might really be an issue, please post it in the 377 Tech section so we can get as many sets of eyes on it as possible to take a look.

Thanks
FAC
FAC257

seaniam81
Technical Sergeant

Post by seaniam81 »

FAC257 wrote: seaniam81
You came very close to breaking the $1.00 Cost Per Mile on that flight. Great Job!
Thanks FAC. It wasn't too hard to get. It helps tweaking the mixture, and being gentle with the aircraft. The longish distance helps a lot too.
The 1.82 on wothan's flight is pretty good too considering the short nature of the flight. I just finished a flight and forgot to take a pic of my updated log. I'll try to get it tomorrow.

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Here's mine so far......really messed up that last landing though......I'll have to work on that!

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

300Blackout-A2A
A2A Major

Post by 300Blackout-A2A »

Completed my first career flight tonight, as well as my first landing. It wasn't pretty, but got the job done. :)

FAC257
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by FAC257 »

Updated a few minutes ago.

I am really impressed with the Cost Per Mile stats on all of these Captain's Log so far.

Great flying to all!

FAC
FAC257

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”