Captain of the Ship RELEASED

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
mos2net
Senior Airman

Re: Captain of the Ship RELEASED

Post by mos2net »

CAPFlyer wrote:Hey guys, instead of continuing this thread here, why don't you try looking in the B377 forum for all of this? There is even a thread that shows how to setup your CH Throttle quadrant with FSUIPC to use the lower detent to select and deselect thrust reverse.
Maybe we can start guessing why :?: , OK I will start, - because it's a big problem, and I have no "CH Throttle", and no payware "FSUIPC", (and don't want), but I do have Foxy -[Editor], a similar program to "FSUIPC", but this is to set up the, Thrustmaster "HOTAS" cougar, and this program (Foxy -[Editor]), works very well with all other add-on/s, also the B377, before the update/upgrade, - but now it is a Problem I and some other cant figure out to solve, but if you can guide us to where in the forum, for a solution, I think it would be very welcome, and appreciated. (I cant find it) at least nothing that have solved the mentioned "reverse-setting" problem)). :wink:

mos
PS: did this answered your question :?: :wink:

jahman
Senior Airman

Post by jahman »

mos2net wrote:
CAPFlyer wrote:Hey guys, instead of continuing this thread here, why don't you try looking in the B377 forum for all of this? There is even a thread that shows how to setup your CH Throttle quadrant with FSUIPC to use the lower detent to select and deselect thrust reverse.
Maybe we can start guessing why :?: , OK I will start, - because it's a big problem, and I have no "CH Throttle", and no payware "FSUIPC", (and don't want), but I do have Foxy -[Editor], a similar program to "FSUIPC", but this is to set up the, Thrustmaster "HOTAS" cougar, and this program (Foxy -[Editor]), works very well with all other add-on/s, also the B377, before the update/upgrade, - but now it is a Problem I and some other cant figure out to solve, but if you can guide us to where in the forum, for a solution, I think it would be very welcome, and appreciated. (I cant find it) at least nothing that have solved the mentioned "reverse-setting" problem)). :wink:

mos
PS: did this answered your question :?: :wink:
+1

Cheers,

-jahman.

mos2net
Senior Airman

Post by mos2net »

Reverse Problem: :idea:
OK I find a Way that seems to work for me (not perfect but): :?

when hitting runway:
1) turbo off
2) (main) throttle/rpm 1500
3) flaps up
4) hit F2 button (let your throttle stay at the same position (1500 rpm)
5) when finished with "revers" hit F3 button, and take over with your throttle

Hope that it work for you, with "sick stick/s" :roll:

mos :D

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

"Mos"

1) I was not speaking to you with the CH Throttle, I was talking to Jahman who said he has one. Sorry, but can you please use a little common sense since I didn't quote your post in my response and it was directly below Jahman's?

2) FSUIPC is NOT payware. Anyone can download and use it, you just can't use all the features. For Jahman, you do NOT have to have a paid version of FSUIPC to use the LUA file described in the thread.

3) My question was why continue these SUPPORT TOPICS in this one thread instead of creating one in the appropriate forum and looking at what others have already posted and continue in that discussion so others can find the answers found too instead of having to bounce all over the forum to find information. A2A created forums for a reason - why can't you guys use them?

mos2net
Senior Airman

Post by mos2net »

CAPFlyer wrote:"Mos"

1) I was not speaking to you with the CH Throttle, I was talking to Jahman who said he has one. Sorry, but can you please use a little common sense since I didn't quote your post in my response and it was directly below Jahman's?

2) FSUIPC is NOT payware. Anyone can download and use it, you just can't use all the features. For Jahman, you do NOT have to have a paid version of FSUIPC to use the LUA file described in the thread.

3) My question was why continue these SUPPORT TOPICS in this one thread instead of creating one in the appropriate forum and looking at what others have already posted and continue in that discussion so others can find the answers found too instead of having to bounce all over the forum to find information. A2A created forums for a reason - why can't you guys use them?
Sorry :?

bishop
Airman

Post by bishop »

Not sure if these little bugs have been reported.

The FE sets the cowl flaps for take-off at 3.5" and the manual says no more than 3". Also the FE puts the intercoolers at .9" and I thought they were suppose to be closed during takeoff.

The ADI needle for me is always showing an indication beyond F (Full) even when there is only 50% or 80% water in there.
Last edited by bishop on 07 Jul 2011, 15:28, edited 1 time in total.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I would like to know if take it out of career mode will there still be emergency situations? I would like to have the ability to eliminate emergency situations for some flights.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

So far every long flight I have attempted as resulted in some sort of emergency. Thats a bit much. I doubt that every flight in the real Stratocruiser resulted in engine failure or a depressuration event.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

q3ark
Senior Airman

Post by q3ark »

bullfox wrote:So far every long flight I have attempted as resulted in some sort of emergency. Thats a bit much. I doubt that every flight in the real Stratocruiser resulted in engine failure or a depressuration event.
You must be having some really bad luck, I haven't had a single emergency yet.

Dave.
ImageImage

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

I only flew midrange trips so far, six flights ranging between one and two and a half hours, and I haven't experienced a single emergency yet, other than slightly overshooting the end of the runway on my last landing. The approach was too fast when I kept her on the ILS glideslope. Next time I will have to try a higher pitch angle and more power to maintain the proper approach peed.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

jahman
Senior Airman

Post by jahman »

bullfox wrote:So far every long flight I have attempted as resulted in some sort of emergency. Thats a bit much. I doubt that every flight in the real Stratocruiser resulted in engine failure or a depressuration event.
What kinds of emergencies are you having?
Jigsaw wrote:I only flew midrange trips so far, six flights ranging between one and two and a half hours, and I haven't experienced a single emergency yet, other than slightly overshooting the end of the runway on my last landing. The approach was too fast when I kept her on the ILS glideslope. Next time I will have to try a higher pitch angle and more power to maintain the proper approach peed.
More flaps and less power is what you need. Approach at 120 KIAS, TD at 105 KIAS (assuming Max ZFW and 5% fuel remaining).

Cheers,

- jahman.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I was attempting San Francisco to Boston. About two hours out the engines starting acting up, loosing power to the point where I could not maintain altitude at 23,000 feet. Never did figure out what was wrong. 2nd time out the autopilot cut out and I lost 5,000 feet in about 10 seconds. That may be pilot error as I may have accidental cut off the autopilot. Third time was cabin depressurization. All three times the events started when I was not in the pilot's seat.

I reread the manual, and reset the realism settings as suggested. I also turned off career mode and damage. I am about to land in Boston, and so far no further issues, in fact, no other issues with CotS not related to the learning curve. I am taking it around the world. From Boston to St Maartin, Bermuda, Paris, Cairo, Calcutta, Hong Kong, Tahiti, Hawaii, and back to San Francisco. after a couple of legs I will turn damage back on and then Career mode and see what happens.

I also managed to reload my extra skins.

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

Well, if you turn off damage then you're not getting the COTS experience. What you need to do is open the Emergencies panel and have it pause Emergencies and the like when you're not at the keyboard. That way you don't have this happening.

Additionally, if your engines were loosing power, it might be due to icing. Just because you can fly at 23,000 feet doesn't mean you should. There's more to flying older airplanes than just setting the autopilot. :)

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Concerning reliability, am I wrong in thinking that aside from issues with the engines and the turbochargers, that everything else can be counted on to be mechanically reliable? Has anybody seen anything else just randomly fail for no reason at all?
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

I suspected icing of the carbs, but Larry was running the FE panel and carb temps were in the 30's The aircraft was wallowing about like it was icing up but when I tried put turn on de-icing, Larry turned it right back off.

Anyway, there are times when I dint want to experience an emergency. Sometimes I just want to fly the airplane and watch the scenery go by. Also I want some more time just handling the airplane and systems before I go whole hog. Maybe next time around the world I 'll have it all turned on. Its the flexibility to go both ways that I want.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”