Captain of the Ship RELEASED

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Re: Captain of the Ship RELEASED

Post by Jigsaw »

Scott - A2A wrote:We are happy to grandfather in some more savings for anyone who purchased Accu-Sim in the past few months. You fall a bit outside that, but just go ahead and order it and PM me, and I'll give you a nice discount.
I also got the Stratocruiser and the Accusim package only two weeks ago and got the COTS package yesterday, so I also paid $77 total. But I don't want any discount, because it's well worth the price! :)

I also don't see why one would be disappointed about having to pay $20 (13€) for a new product that clearly was a lot of work. I definitely don't see it as an extra cost for the Stratocruiser but as a separate expenditure for a new add on. Frankly, I even was surprised that it was so low priced.

Hell, a full tank of gas for my car is more expensive than the whole Stratorcruiser package, lasts me a lot shorter and is less fun. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

bishop
Airman

Post by bishop »

I just did my very first flight in the 377 with COTS. I am a newbie to the 377 and A2A. So far, I am very impressed.

A lot to learn.

Here is some feedback and request.

Q1. Will COTS work with FSPassenger? Don't want the two co-pilots getting in each each others ways. :)

Q2. I cannot seem to adjust the attitude indicator with the attitude indicator knob. Tried everything. Cannot move the needle up or down. Am I missing something?

2D Panel - Navigators Notes. Is there anyway to turn off all of the notes and just have a map?
I like to use this plane and do old fashion navigation and do my own calculations using a flight computer. These notes take some of the realism away from doing the navigation work.

I know I could just not open the window, but I think a simple map feature would be great. It would also be great if one could just drag the map around without it being fixed. This would even allow complete flexibility to locate VOR or ADF stiations and do triangulation.

1SgtMajor
Staff Sergeant

Post by 1SgtMajor »

Awesome work guys!!!! Did two flights thus far and this is what the old girl needed. (smile)

My hat is off to A2A and it's development team......A Grand Slam once again!!!!

Cheers,
Steve R.
SgtMajor, USMC (Retired)

ImageImageImage

big-mike
Airman

Post by big-mike »

Hi,
i have the 377+Accusim,now my question is-
is it now possible with COTS to fly the aircraft really from the left seat
while the FE is doing the complete engine managenment?
Thanks
Michael

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

big-mike wrote:is it now possible with COTS to fly the aircraft really from the left seat
while the FE is doing the complete engine managenment?
Yup! You do have to start the engines yourself, but even that can be done from the left seat. The Prime, Start, Boost and Magneto switches can be easily reached from there.

The FE takes care of the rest: cowl flaps, intercooler flaps, oil cooler flaps, fuel and oil management, air conditioning, pressurization, anti-icing equipment, generators, APU, the works...
Happy Landings
- Patrick

sphinxbot
Airman Basic

Post by sphinxbot »

Hi guys,

I just took CotS for a spin and have some feedback.

1. It improves the experience drastically. The Flight Engineer is a must have.
2. Some of the PA's of cockpit/cabincrew are almost of southwest airlines quality (not that there is anything wrong with SWA of course). I can't imagine that cabincrew would call her wealthy -and probably important- passengers "folks" during the golden (yes very expensive!) age of flying. I expected more polite, less informal language.
3. During climbout through FL150 I got a decompression. Descended to FL100 and decided to return to the airport I had just left. After completing fuel dump and switching the last fuel dump switch (nr 4) off I got a voice saying "Career mode off". I couldn't put career mode back on again. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?
4. I think this is an important one. This add-on could be more interactive. For example: after an emergency descent and during the following immediate return I would have chosen not to serve a meal in the cabin. Another example: I would like to be able to tell the passengers that we are expecting/experiencing turbulence. It would make being a captain less of a passive experience.
5. Once again, the Flight Engineer is great and -in my opinion- is reason enough to buy CotS.

jahman
Senior Airman

Post by jahman »

q3ark wrote:
pilotpeetah wrote:
lol i dont see why not :P but i can see its the same which is fine...what i dont understand as to why you cant check the load manager or the mainenance hangar without the career mode being turned off???
You can, but you must be on the ground to check the load manager, and the engines must be off to check the maintenance hanger.
For realism in case of emergency due to tloss of engines you might want to allow overboard dumping of luggage, cargo and mothers-in-law, as well as excess fuel.

Cheers,

- jahman.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Excess fuel can be jettisoned from the cockpit. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

sphinxbot,

Thanks for the compliments on the engineer. Yes, that fuel dumping is not supposed to disable career mode. We found and fixed this issue and will be releasing this in a future patch.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

pilotpeetah
Airman

Post by pilotpeetah »

Scott - A2A wrote:sphinxbot,

Thanks for the compliments on the engineer. Yes, that fuel dumping is not supposed to disable career mode. We found and fixed this issue and will be releasing this in a future patch.

Scott.
I also found a problem when I land right when my nose gear hits the runway I throw the reversers until I slow down enough after that normally you can move the throttles back to normal idle either with your throttle quadrant or F3. But after I turned the reversers off my throttles will become stuck and not move at 0% the only way they will move I found out is either use the F3 key to move just a half an inch and it will respond or throw it in to full power and bring it back down that way. Idk if its my throttle axis or something else... :?:

sirbruchie
Airman

Post by sirbruchie »

I just wanted to say what a great addon. Thanks alot.

signmanbob
Airman First Class

Post by signmanbob »

I agree. This is an outstanding addon for the 377. Now I can learn to fly her with some help.

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

Is anyone else having trouble with the autopilot? I can't flick the switches or get it to do anything.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Elington
Senior Airman

Post by Elington »

sirbruchie wrote:I just wanted to say what a great addon. Thanks alot.
+1, thanks to the A2A team for a great update to the 377, she deserved it :)
David

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

flyboy4612 wrote:Is anyone else having trouble with the autopilot? I can't flick the switches or get it to do anything.
Nope. No problems. Make sure the avionics are On or it won't work.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”