Captain of the Ship RELEASED

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Captain of the Ship RELEASED

Post by Scott - A2A »

Go where no commercial airliner has gone before…

We are proud to announce the release our latest Accu-Sim pack for the A2A Boeing 377 Stratocruiser, “Captain of the Ship.”
This expansion pack takes FSX to the next step for the commercial airline captain.

Captain of the Ship Features
• Total freedom from start to finish. You are the captain, and are not forced to follow a linear progression. You are free to choose what to do and when, and your intelligent crew will adapt
• You learn the most when you are having fun. Our former Accu-Sim 377 is extensively used by Tim Chopp, owner of the Berlin Airlift’s C-54 and C-97 Stratofreighter for his own personal training
• New career system is based on how well you manage your aircraft systems, quality of flight, and emergencies
• Intelligent passengers react to the weather, flight, and cabin conditions
• This Is Your Captain Speaking... The captain keeps passengers informed on the flight’s progress
• A Live Engineer manages systems which allows a true left-seat experience
• Virtual flight attendant performs her duties and reports to the crew
• Navigator’s station with real-time monitoring and calculations of wind and flight conditions
• Professional Audio with new sound suite including over 15 electrical motors, authentic switches, wind, cabin creaks, etc.
• Natural Speech constructs sentences dynamically from a pool of over 1000 sound recordings strong
• Accu-Sim physics system shakes the cockpit and airframe based on both external and internal conditions
• Real-time passenger loading and unloading
• Deeper systems modeling throughout including oil pressure loss, friction heat, and cabin pressurization failures
• New Cabin Pressurization Module driven by the turbochargers
• New Climate Control Systems including 24,000 watt air conditioning compressors along with dual body heaters

For those who have not yet seen our little promo vid, here it is:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CNjC3Lz32U[/youtube]

COTS Accu-Sim Manuals HERE:
http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... Manual.zip
http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... Manual.zip

A2A Simulations Inc.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: Captain of the Ship Project Annouced

Post by Roadburner426 »

WOOHOO!! Haven't watched the video yet, but excellent! Finally news!

EDIT: After watching the videos looks like my Captains log is going to be horrible... Oh dear. Have enough problems already keeping the same engine in the Spitfire. :shock:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Ian Warren
Senior Master Sergeant
Location: EX- Christchurch now called "Wobblyville" New Zealand

Re: New project annoucement: Captain of the Ship

Post by Ian Warren »

:D Absolutely Brilliant , I finally get Heidi on one off my aircraft , i,ll show her what sort off Captain i am and look after those passengers as if their lives where in the palm off my hand ,its tough being an airline pilot with those big things hanging off the side and in amongst those big white fluffy things :lol:

Looking forward to this updated 8)

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

What kind of Captain am I? Arrogant, bad tempered, heavy drinker... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Has the 377 been re-worked to bring it inline with other recent products, including aerodynamics, etc..? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Yeah Heidi has never liked my flying on the Cub... And I am an even worse pilot of the 377 with all those Wasp engines to look after. Thankfully we will have a crew now, and maybe that will help a bit. He said massive Accu-sim expansive so I would imagine so. They even revised the engineer panel! Don't think Scott and team would have gone through the trouble if it didn't work. At least now we know what the screaming vid was about that Shadow found. Gonna assume the bird made it fine though as they were notorious for flying on only 3 engines.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

rc flyer
Staff Sergeant

Post by rc flyer »

OH YEAH, Heidi is in BIG trouble now :lol: , and she thought that Cub ride I gave her was scary :wink: . Seriously though, great news and I hope I'm a "worthy" captain.....better park the Spit for awhile and get practicing :D

Steve

300Blackout-A2A
A2A Major

Post by 300Blackout-A2A »

Looks awesome! I was hoping it would be something along these lines.

I've been holding off buying the 377 until the annoucment... guess I'll have to work it into my budget now. :wink:

typhonus
Airman Basic

Post by typhonus »

Ok, this is just beyond awesome! I love this plane, and this will make an immense difference. I had hoped for a simple update, with the ability to assign some tasks to virtual crew ala B-17, but this really rocks. PMDG can beta test the damn 737 forever now!

typhonus
Airman Basic

Post by typhonus »

Any chance this will make the turbos user-controllable for those not running FSX Acceleration, as in your other projects?

Phantom88
Senior Airman

Post by Phantom88 »

Looks Sweet!!! :D

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scott - A2A wrote:We didn't intentionally keep this under wraps for so long, but we just wanted to do the announcement justice.

This project is enormous. Well over 1300 new sound recordings, new natural speech module, a live engineer, virtual flight attendant, captain's log, a career based system, etc.. We will get the manuals our shortly.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUd2Q1tOzqo[/youtube]

Scott.
If this program when released, doesn't win every award offered by the simulation community, I'll be absolutely AMAZED!
This aircraft with Accusim has all the makings of being a truly MAJOR achievement!
Dudley

alfredo_laredo
Senior Airman

Post by alfredo_laredo »

typhonus wrote:PMDG can beta test the damn 737 forever now!
hahahaha good one!!!

Is it just me or every development Update from A2A its just amazing?!
ASUS Z97-A, i7 7970K, Samsung Evo 840 256gb, GTX780, HDD 500GB, Patriot Series 5 RAM 8gb, Cooler Master M series 600W, Windows 7 64

MustanGrande
Airman First Class

Post by MustanGrande »

alfredo_laredo wrote:
typhonus wrote:PMDG can beta test the damn 737 forever now!
hahahaha good one!!!

Is it just me or every development Update from A2A its just amazing?!
That's because A2A doesn't just crank out aircraft with the exact same level of detail in every release. Each update seems to introduce some new feature that most of us wouldn't even think about, had they not brought it to our attention.

...And then, once it's out, most of us won't be able to imagine flying without it, either!

Veritech
Airman

Post by Veritech »

When can we expect this expansion? Any rough ETA on when it comes out? (Begins pulling his Stratocruiser out of the hanger for flight)
ImageImageImage

sl007
Airman

Post by sl007 »

:D :D :D
Thnx in advance for this!!!
:D :D :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”