Captain of the Ship RELEASED

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
mos2net
Senior Airman

Re: Captain of the Ship RELEASED

Post by mos2net »

I also found a problem when I land right when my nose gear hits the runway I throw the reversers until I slow down enough after that normally you can move the throttles back to normal idle either with your throttle quadrant or F3. But after I turned the reversers off my throttles will become stuck and not move at 0% the only way they will move I found out is either use the F3 key to move just a half an inch and it will respond or throw it in to full power and bring it back down that way. Idk if its my throttle axis or something else... :?:[/quote]

[/quote]

I got the same problem except, - when I hit the reverse button all engines go out rapidly, this issue/problem, wasn't there before the update/Captain of the Ship. (the sticks wont move) they just simmering, at the same point, as they were very nervous)) :?: :?:

mos

pilotpeetah
Airman

Post by pilotpeetah »

mos2net wrote:I also found a problem when I land right when my nose gear hits the runway I throw the reversers until I slow down enough after that normally you can move the throttles back to normal idle either with your throttle quadrant or F3. But after I turned the reversers off my throttles will become stuck and not move at 0% the only way they will move I found out is either use the F3 key to move just a half an inch and it will respond or throw it in to full power and bring it back down that way. Idk if its my throttle axis or something else... :?:
[/quote]

I got the same problem except, - when I hit the reverse button all engines go out rapidly, this issue/problem, wasn't there before the update/Captain of the Ship. (the sticks wont move) they just simmering, at the same point, as they were very nervous)) :?: :?:

mos[/quote]

EXACTLY!!! It does the same thing with me like I made one landing got stopped then my engines died started them back up and died again still on the runway so I said to hell with it ill just unload here. After I was empty that's when I was able to get the engines running again :?

t-bone
Airman

Post by t-bone »

EXACTLY!!! It does the same thing with me like I made one landing got stopped then my engines died started them back up and died again still on the runway so I said to hell with it ill just unload here. After I was empty that's when I was able to get the engines running again :?
Same here. :cry:

q3ark
Senior Airman

Post by q3ark »

I don't know if it's related to a few problems mentioned here. However, I have noticed that if you have the throttle fully closed and you set the parking brake, the throttle will not move. If however, you release the parking break, then crack the throttle a little, re-set the parking break, you regain throttle control.
ImageImage

300Blackout-A2A
A2A Major

Post by 300Blackout-A2A »

q3ark wrote:I don't know if it's related to a few problems mentioned here. However, I have noticed that if you have the throttle fully closed and you set the parking brake, the throttle will not move. If however, you release the parking break, then crack the throttle a little, re-set the parking break, you regain throttle control.
Yes, I've notice this as well. When the parking break is set, the VC throttles get "sticky" and either stay locked at idle or snap to the correct throttle position only after moving it 50% or more.

Kobradelta1000
Airman First Class

Post by Kobradelta1000 »

same prob to me- i move the levers every time a bit with the mouse, before i gain control over it with the HW throttle quad
Reg
Klaus
from LOWG

pilotpeetah
Airman

Post by pilotpeetah »

The throttles would stick even if you are in mid air if for some reason you are coming in too fast on an approach and you dont want to damage your flaps if they arent already down and set I would throw the throttle back to 0% and as mentioned before they would get stuck and then you start losing speed until either you can get them to respond before you stall, you start stalling(which we all know to keep her above 150 kts on approach) and you crash to the ground, or you throw her big ass into full power risking the chance of detonation and other damage. I hope they can get this fixed with the new patch soon.

04rc51
Airman

Post by 04rc51 »

Was just wondering if there is a way to turn up crew volume so u can hear them better when the engines r running..

t-bone
Airman

Post by t-bone »

A little update - seems that my X52's twitchy throttle is the culprit. For some reason, turning the resistance spring on the left side of the throttle base all the way down seems to have helped.

The X52 has a really cheap potmeter, so it's not A2A's fault, but I do wonder why this happens on the 377 and no other addon I've owned. What's done so differently in the 377, and is it necessary to have it that way when it leaves us so vulnerable to errors like this?

pilotpeetah
Airman

Post by pilotpeetah »

t-bone wrote:A little update - seems that my X52's twitchy throttle is the culprit. For some reason, turning the resistance spring on the left side of the throttle base all the way down seems to have helped.

The X52 has a really cheap potmeter, so it's not A2A's fault, but I do wonder why this happens on the 377 and no other addon I've owned. What's done so differently in the 377, and is it necessary to have it that way when it leaves us so vulnerable to errors like this?
Not everyone has a X52 like you your throttle may be like that because of that model you have but this is a known issue and it needs to be fixed

gonzman
Airman First Class

Post by gonzman »

Hey A2A thank you for the great addon, my observations so far.

In the navigator station if you look at the radio altimeter I can see the black data cable through the box.

Also I wish I could give the orders for dinner and lunch ETC, I was nearly about to decend to my destination Airport when breakfast was being prepared this made for a long circle over my destination airport until it was eaten and cleared away.

Any chance of an upgrade to the 3d model to B17 standard?

Also I'd love a B17/Spitfire level maintnance hanger.

And lastly, In my previous flight the seat belt sign was on during climb, off for the entire cruise (~4 hours or so) and on again during decent and landing and The passenger comment was complaining about being stuck in the seat too long ;/

Everything else that comes to mind so far is perfect! Love A2A and love COTS!

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

gonzman wrote:In the navigator station if you look at the radio altimeter I can see the black data cable through the box.
Yeah, it already was was like that before the COTS package, though.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

mos2net
Senior Airman

Post by mos2net »

04rc51 wrote:Was just wondering if there is a way to turn up crew volume so u can hear them better when the engines r running..
Yes there is!, turn down engine volume. (drop down menu/sound) :wink:

mos

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

Absolutely brilliant Turbulence behavior! I was flying over the mountains with Active Sky on a remote machine. A look at the ASE map showed I was soon to be flying around the edge of some big thunderstorms. I put on the Seat Belt Sign, and about 5 minutes later, the cabin started bucking and shaking, and some of the most realistic sounds I've heard to date. The navigator reported heavy turbulence. I also have Ezcam to shake the pilots head in these situations and combined with the sounds and the A2A panel vibration it was just excellent.

This is really immersive!
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

maubrenta
Senior Airman

Post by maubrenta »

bigjuicyspider wrote:Absolutely brilliant Turbulence behavior!
+1
I've experienced a severe turbulence today. The sounds are really cool!

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”