Captain of the Ship RELEASED

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
Lenop
Airman

Re: New project annoucement: Captain of the Ship

Post by Lenop »

Look excellent! I only have the Cub and Spitfire but this seems a must buy too. And the Mustang. And the Phantom. And the Mig 17. And, and... .
Image, Image

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

Lenop wrote:Look excellent! I only have the Cub and Spitfire but this seems a must buy too. And the Mustang. And the Phantom. And the Mig 17. And, and... .
It was a must-buy before, but this just sounds :shock: :shock: :shock:

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

teisco wrote:This looks great but might be priced out of my budget. Will there be three units to buy, plane plus accusim plus captian? If so this could be expensive for us average users.
In the past they have offerred discounts for people buying aircraft + Accu-sim at the same time (you can see this by going to the store). Yes though the overall package looks like it will be quite a chunk of change regardless for all 3 packages if you do not already have the existing 377 and Accu-sim.. We will just have to wait for official word as to how it all will work.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

signmanbob
Airman First Class

Post by signmanbob »

This looks like such a great idea. This kind of older aircraft really should be flown with a full crew, and now that will finally happen.
I love A2A Simulations. They are so different from any other developer. They always think outside the box and put in so much quality into what they offer, I know that this will be outstanding. I really look forward to it.

Bob

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

At the risk of sounding like someone who's never happy with anything...is it possible to turn off Heidi and the passengers ? The new 'live engineer' and navigation functions are just what we all need with the Stratocruiser, but I always imagine her in the freighter role, and she's a great aircraft to aspire to in Air Hauler.

Boxes and parcels don't throw up or complain - so is it possible to disable everything ( and everyone ) aft of the flightdeck door ?

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Get a new release and everybody ts still bitchin about the product
Can we do this can we do that , how much will it cost and when will it come out give it a break guys and girls let the company release the product at their own time
Pushing a company will end up with products that will need a lot of patching and updates like a few other products out there for FSX
just my 2c's worth
I know I'll get flamed for this lol :-)
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

r4y30n
Technical Sergeant

Post by r4y30n »

I dunno about the flaming, but I find it amusing how people here are always stating, "Take your time, guys, don't rush anything," anytime someone mentions wanting new features or a nearer release date. A smart company such as A2A sets their own scope and schedule for their projects, and while the scope is definitely customer-oriented the scheduling is theirs alone to decide; bantering back and forth on the forums will have little, if any, effect on the timeline.
Image Image Image

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

I don't think there is anything wrong about asking about the price or suggesting features that sound like a good idea. After all, some people actually have to manage their spendings (good for you if you don't have to) and feature ideas should be suggested before the product is finalized. What A2A does with these questions/suggestions is completely up to them and I don't believe it's the place for other users to judge that or talk down on that kind of participation. If A2A think a feature can't/shouldn't be implemented, I prefer to hear it from them and not from other users who are also just customers and who have nothing to do with the decision process.

My 2 Cents. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

The way I look at it is this: I make a suggestion so they know what I, the customer, am looking for in a product (after all, if we don't say anything, they don't know!). Even if it doesn't make this one, it is something they can consider for another release. If they never do anything with the idea that's fine too, but at least I said something and hope they read it. :)

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

jahman
Senior Airman

Post by jahman »

VulcanB2 wrote:The way I look at it is this: I make a suggestion so they know what I, the customer, am looking for in a product (after all, if we don't say anything, they don't know!). Even if it doesn't make this one, it is something they can consider for another release. If they never do anything with the idea that's fine too, but at least I said something and hope they read it. :)

Best regards,
Robin.
+1!

Cheers,

- jahman.

q3ark
Senior Airman

Post by q3ark »

I hope this has period radio broadcasts like the accusimmed B17 does, that would top off the immersion factor for me.

I think my head would actually burst with the awsomness 8)
ImageImage

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Norforce wrote:Get a new release and everybody ts still bitchin about the product
Can we do this can we do that , how much will it cost and when will it come out give it a break guys and girls let the company release the product at their own time
Pushing a company will end up with products that will need a lot of patching and updates like a few other products out there for FSX
just my 2c's worth

Was that aimed at me, after my query about being able to turn off Heidi and the passengers ?

Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Norforce »

Nope not at all
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

signmanbob
Airman First Class

Post by signmanbob »

Paul K wrote:
Norforce wrote:Get a new release and everybody ts still bitchin about the product
just my 2c's worth

Was that aimed at me, after my query about being able to turn off Heidi and the passengers ?
A radio with some music from that time would be nice and set the mood. Of course we can just download MP3 music from Amazon and play it on Windows Media Player while flying and let A2A concentrate on releasing some kick-butt software :lol:

Paul K
Technical Sergeant

Post by Paul K »

Norforce wrote:Nope not at all
Okay, thanks Ron.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”