Captain of the Ship RELEASED

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: New project annoucement: Captain of the Ship

Post by Roadburner426 »

Yeah I really hope the maintenance hangar gets updated as well to something along the lines of the Spitfire/B-17G standards. That would be really awesome, and something I have longed for in the 377 since the 17 was released. The bird still looks great, so hopefully they just updated the inner workings of all the stuff.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

Roadburner426 wrote:Yeah I really hope the maintenance hangar gets updated as well to something along the lines of the Spitfire/B-17G standards. That would be really awesome, and something I have longed for in the 377 since the 17 was released. The bird still looks great, so hopefully they just updated the inner workings of all the stuff.
How great would it be if you had to fold down the tail in order to roll it into the maintenance Hangar in order to bring up the maintenance window? I mean A2A always offers a bypass button to still allow access so it wouldnt mean that you had to do it but it would give a reason to use the fold tail down feature which is already modeled and prolly not used much. Then the picture of the plane in the hangar would show it with the tail down when the window popped up.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

When flying this thing gets to be overwhelming, and you lose your nerves, does John, the Accusim Co-pilot, slap you in the face and yell, "Get a hold of yourself, ya yella-bellied coward!"
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

mountainhighair
Staff Sergeant

Post by mountainhighair »

Now THAT is flight simulation! Love it. Beginning to wonder if A2A has already made the new "MS Flight" obsolete.

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

bigjuicyspider wrote:When flying this thing gets to be overwhelming, and you lose your nerves, does John, the Accusim Co-pilot, slap you in the face and yell, "Get a hold of yourself, ya yella-bellied coward!"
...along with the flight attendants and passengers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

Whippy
Airman

Post by Whippy »

The expansion looks really great, thanks!

jahman
Senior Airman

Post by jahman »

The Boeing C-97G Stratofreighter "Angel of Deliverance"

Looking forward to the update! Hoping it includes the C-97G... :D

Cheers,

- jahman.

FlameOut
Staff Sergeant

Post by FlameOut »

...How great would it be if you had to fold down the tail in order to roll it into the maintenance Hangar in order to bring up the maintenance window? ...
That is a great idea Kilstorm. Would be even better if FSX had default maintenance hangers at each medium to large airport that had opening and closing doors!
When I first saw the post regarding these new updates, my first knee-jerk response was:
Noooo, get him out of my F.E. seat! :x But as time past and more post about the updates have become available I may be able to live with them. I'm very happy with the way things are now. See my old post here: http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 37&t=21536
I'd hoped for some sort of simple animation involving the loading of the S-IVB booster into and out of the Guppy., sorta like the CS C-130 loadmaster...prolly too many polys though. Will the Guppy's F.E. panel change also?
I'd also liked to have seen some old and scruffy VC textures as with the Spitfire, which are to die for!
Lastly, I'll throw my hat into the ring for a good 'ol C-97or KC-97 as everyone else has.
Very good A2A, very good indeed.

Woutertje
Airman Basic

Post by Woutertje »

I have just one question, is this an extra add-on you can get besides accu-sim or will this replace accu-sim? Just curious since i'm thinking about getting the 377 and accu-sim but when this is going to replace the accu-sim pack i'll hold till it's out.

Kind regards,

Wouter

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Woutertje wrote:I have just one question, is this an extra add-on you can get besides accu-sim or will this replace accu-sim? Just curious since i'm thinking about getting the 377 and accu-sim but when this is going to replace the accu-sim pack i'll hold till it's out.

Kind regards,

Wouter
Looks to me like an entirely new/addon product on top of the already released B377 and B377 Accu-sim. Cause it looks like they are marketing it as "Captain of the Ship." So my guess is it will be extra sort of similar to FS Passengers but catered to the 377 as someone else mentioned before.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Post by flyboy4612 »

Wow! I bought the Strat earlier this year out of curiosity. It was neat but I found it a bit lackluster. Mine has been sitting on the ramp in Tillamook for a few months now, right where I left it. What an amazing update. I don't really know what to say other than thanks to Scott and the entire A2A team. You guys really make people happy. :mrgreen: Out of curiosity, I wonder if there will be a discout for those of us who already own the strat.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Kobradelta1000
Airman First Class

Post by Kobradelta1000 »

my dreams come true!!! Thnx A2a!!
Reg
Klaus
from LOWG

q3ark
Senior Airman

Post by q3ark »

When I first saw the 377, I thought she was the ugliest thing i'd ever seen with wings on, and bought the B 17 instead. A few months ago I took the plunge and got myself the B 377 anyway. Partly because I was curious about the plane and partly because I wanted to see where accusim started. I must say, she's realy grown on me, I don't see her as ugly now and I can't wait for this expansion to be released.

If A2A keep raising the bar how's the competition supposed to reach it? 8)
ImageImage

N1684T
Staff Sergeant

Post by N1684T »

To: Scott and Team

Absolutely beyond words "Thank All"

Mark S.
Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress-Accusimed/Boeing 377 Stratocruiser-COTS/ Piper Cub-Accusimed/Cessna 172 Trainer/Piper Cherokee 180/T-6 "TEXAN"/Constellation L049

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

We uploaded chapter 3 of the manual, that can perhaps help to answer some questions:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/wingsofsi ... im_ch3.pdf

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”