Boy, I have to say...

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Boy, I have to say...

Post by Scott - A2A »

After flying the WoP 3 P47 for three straight months and now that it is out, I took the big old 377 up last night. When you get away from a project for a period of time and later step back in, you see things more objectively. During development it's always about what is wrong, what needs fixing, completing, etc. Now I see it not for all it isn't, but for all it is. I can see even more today why so many love this Stratocruiser. The sound of the engines in all the various settings is fantastic. The paint, systems, etc.

It's wonderful that are gorgeous girl (yes, sorry, she is mighty pretty to these eyes) has so many fans. On behalf of our flagship, we all thank everyone for making this release so magical.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

guenseli
A2A Master Mechanic

Re: Boy, I have to say...

Post by guenseli »

I just can say that I have the same feeilings after some week of flying the P47.
Cool, that I'm not alone :wink:

EagleIan
Airman Basic

Post by EagleIan »

Same with me. I have enjoyed flying both but it is great to get back to the B377.

Benitto
Airman First Class

Post by Benitto »

Stratocruiser is the Accu-Sim's Mother, she will always be unique in that way. You guys at A2A have chosen the best aircraft ever for the 1st Accu-Sim package.

Thanks for making the simulation NOW as real as it gets! Though all my other airplanes now are boring, no challenge lol

Ben.
(still waiting news about the second Wings of Silver product, any update on that? as little it could be :wink:)

Rich1830
Airman

Post by Rich1830 »

We now have the best combination. When my time is limited {most of the time!}, I hop in the P-47. If I can dedicate a couple or hours, the 377 is my choice. Fantastic product, the detail is unmatched.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

They are both such big, bad machines in their class. I enjoy the sheer size and feel of them, high altitude performance, etc. It was something after flying the P47, to then have four r4360's.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Rich1830
Airman

Post by Rich1830 »

There is nothing like the big radial's. I hope you guy's consider doing a turbocompound r-3350 airplane[ DC-7 or Connie ].

mtrewet
Airman

Post by mtrewet »

The DC-7 would be good. How about the Martin Mars ? or even a Grumman Albatross or a PBY ?

Fodda
Airman First Class

Post by Fodda »

We've already had a large long distance 4 engine beast... We've just been presented with a single engined monster...

Time for a sweet twin. DC-3 would be my choice as it's ubiquitous, still current in places and one of the landmarks of aviation history. Failing that, a DH Mosquito would do.

Test Pilot
Senior Airman

Post by Test Pilot »

Oh no, twin engines have been done by these guys before. Something "new" and exciting: the Ford Trimotor! :D

Benitto
Airman First Class

Post by Benitto »

Oh boy, DC-3 or Ford Tri-motor, hard to choose :D

But I second for the Ford! Though DC-3 was my first choice :|

Fodda
Airman First Class

Post by Fodda »

Oooooh... Hadn't thought of trimotors. In which case I'd sooner see the Junkers-52.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

I would have to agree that thanks to A2A almost every other aircraft I have is exceptionally boring. Nothing really compares to the 377 or P47 as far as personality and pilot work load goes. I either fly those 2 aircraft or my MD-11. For me flying something without the procedures/realistic failures just isn't fun anymore. So keep up the good work, and glad you could find new life in an old project.
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Mister-Knister
Airman

Post by Mister-Knister »

Your aircrafts are all fantastic!!! :)

I even say, you don't have to wait for reviews or opinions of other virtual-pilots.

Any aircraft that A2A produces you can buy without regreting it...! 8)

I'm one of the biggest DC3-Fans, so please the next A2A Aircraft has to be the DC3!!! :)

An if not, then please the Junkers 52, it is really a quality product of my home country! :wink:

richstacy
Senior Airman

Post by richstacy »

Ford Tri-Motor was really a pretty boring airplane. Low, slow and clunky. It would be good for about two hours of enjoyment, that 's it. Got to ride in a real one in 1979.
An FSX version of the B-25 with acu-sim would be great! And I like the idea of a Super Connie, one of the world's all time most beautiful aircraft.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”