Flying and save state.

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
new reply
AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Flying and save state.

Post by AbstractArtist »

Every time I fly the B377 and land and go to full shutdown of the engines and electrics. It doesn't save the state which I left it at.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Flying and save state.

Post by Tomas Linnet »

My default flight is the FSX C172 saved cold and dark. This works for me
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

The B377 is one of the very first accusim aircraft. It will save fuel and oil levels as part of accusim, however the state of the aircraft (ie engines running etc) will not be saved.
You can do a save flight, and then load flight, which should give you what you are looking for.
Do not ever save an accusim aircraft as your default flight as it will affect every installed aircraft in ways you may not realise.
Just be aware that FSX sometimes has issues with loading complex aircraft from a saved flight, or it can become corrupt if you keep saving the same flight as you do each leg. Its just part of using an old sim.

Do you start on the runway or at a parking spot? Starting at the runway usually means the aircraft loads with engines running.

Me personally always fly from a parking spot cold and dark to cold and dark so I never have to save flights.
For a quick start use the autostart from the menu.
Cheers
Trev

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

TreeTops wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 21:18 The B377 is one of the very first accusim aircraft. It will save fuel and oil levels as part of accusim, however the state of the aircraft (ie engines running etc) will not be saved.
You can do a save flight, and then load flight, which should give you what you are looking for.
Do not ever save an accusim aircraft as your default flight as it will affect every installed aircraft in ways you may not realise.
Just be aware that FSX sometimes has issues with loading complex aircraft from a saved flight, or it can become corrupt if you keep saving the same flight as you do each leg. Its just part of using an old sim.

Do you start on the runway or at a parking spot? Starting at the runway usually means the aircraft loads with engines running.

Me personally always fly from a parking spot cold and dark to cold and dark so I never have to save flights.
For a quick start use the autostart from the menu.
I always start cold and dark on a parking spot

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

TreeTops is 100% spot on.
To practice with the B377 (and I am still totally terrible at flying it) I do Edinburgh to Inverness and back in a loop at each landing when the plane is turned off. I save that flight. As TreeTops says, FSX is an old sim now and those save flights can indeed become corrupted. It's certainly happened to me so I had to load from a previous one.

Of course, it does not really matter for me at least, that the next flight is not exactly where I parked the previous so best to just have the closest parking spot you were to last time for the next take off.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”