Can't get off the ground no matter what

BIG, double-deck, four-engine, medium to long range, high altitude, high speed, commercial transport airplane
andrewhb17
Airman

Re: Can't get off the ground no matter what

Post by andrewhb17 »

TreeTops wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 19:20 Lewis, from what I observed with Andrewwhb17 during a livestream was as follows :
Controls and keybindings seemed to be without conflict.
On the ground the elevator smoothly followed the movements of the joystick, as did the trim tab.
However once in the air (with a COG well within limits and neutral trim), speed slowly increasing and reducing flaps, the joystick required 90-100% forward movement (elevator showing 90-100% down) just to maintain required pitch of 0-1000 fpm. This behaviour remained the same at full clean configuration in level flight up near 200 knots.

Both of these guys are running FSX Steam. Does anyone else have a Steam install with the B377 for testing?
I did a quick flight last week with FSX and everything was working fine for me.
I also private message to Lewis on; 8/6/2022 about B377’s behavior issue, but I am still waiting for Lewis will reply my private message.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I’ll give it a test during the next few days.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

andrewhb17 wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 19:33 I also private message to Lewis on; 8/6/2022 about B377’s behavior issue, but I am still waiting for Lewis will reply my private message.
He did, it’s on page 3 :wink:
Kind Regards
Tomas

A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 06:59 Hello,

have you tried using the keyboard to control the aircraft with the controller fully unplugged, i'd still be wagering on this being a simple control issue, as mentioned with something like spoilers being deployed or trim being jammed to its extent.

You now also mention the C172, are you saying this shoots upwards too, is this a new issue for the 172?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
yes, it happens with the 172 too. I should posted in the forums when I first saw it. It happened after I brought it too. Love all A2A planes and thinking of buying the B17 or piper cub next

andrewhb17
Airman

Post by andrewhb17 »

AbstractArtist wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 04:57
Lewis - A2A wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 06:59 Hello,

have you tried using the keyboard to control the aircraft with the controller fully unplugged, i'd still be wagering on this being a simple control issue, as mentioned with something like spoilers being deployed or trim being jammed to its extent.

You now also mention the C172, are you saying this shoots upwards too, is this a new issue for the 172?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
yes, it happens with the 172 too. I should posted in the forums when I first saw it. It happened after I brought it too. Love all A2A planes and thinking of buying the B17 or piper cub next
I would recommend to get B-17, it’s really enjoyable and fun to fly. Also, you can fly above more than 30K altitudes.

andrewhb17
Airman

Post by andrewhb17 »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 23:43
andrewhb17 wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 19:33 I also private message to Lewis on; 8/6/2022 about B377’s behavior issue, but I am still waiting for Lewis will reply my private message.
He did, it’s on page 3 :wink:
I thought Lewis will doing one on one private message with me only, but I didn’t know. :lol: Thanks.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

They normally do all support on the forums as it might help others with the same problem, if the solution is in a pm, it’s a secret :wink:
Kind Regards
Tomas

andrewhb17
Airman

Post by andrewhb17 »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 08:40 They normally do all support on the forums as it might help others with the same problem, if the solution is in a pm, it’s a secret :wink:
Ah, makes sense. :)

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

andrewhb17 wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 18:38

Forget the word I said “no results”, it’s means; it’s does not worked.
Hello,

can you please elaborate on this. In what way doesnt it work, is it exactly as if the controller was plugged in using keyboard and mouse to fly?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

AbstractArtist wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 04:57 yes, it happens with the 172 too. I should posted in the forums when I first saw it. It happened after I brought it too. Love all A2A planes and thinking of buying the B17 or piper cub next
Ok, so at which point did you notice the issue. Was it after purchasing and installing the 377 or the 172?

If its a new install it would point towards the update not being applied correctly which I can walk you through a manual reinstall of the update if you can confirm when it went from working to not working. Do you have other Accu-sim aircraft, can you let us know how these behave?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

andrewhb17
Airman

Post by andrewhb17 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 09:28
andrewhb17 wrote: 10 Aug 2022, 18:38

Forget the word I said “no results”, it’s means; it’s does not worked.
Hello,

can you please elaborate on this. In what way doesnt it work, is it exactly as if the controller was plugged in using keyboard and mouse to fly?

thanks,
Lewis
I tested it out on the B377 Stratocruiser to control the aircraft by just using mouse and keyboard. Before I begin to quick test fly with the B377 while using mouse and keyboard as the following; I unplugged out of my joystick and my rudder pedals and making sure that FSX is not running while unplugging them. Once I did that, I launched the FSX on Steam Edition, aircraft selected was A2A B377, and clicked on the box says “Fly Now!”. After all the steps for setting up, I begin to flying with the Stratocrusier while controling it by using mouse and keyboard only, hopefully if this worked and should be back to normal were it should be. But instead, the B377 had the same pitching behavior problem like; taking off from the ground of the runway and begins to stall out, while during inflight using the autopilot switches, plus altitude hold on, the aircraft itself still continue to pitch violently straight up. Especially, I already updated the latest accusim after unstalling and restalling Wos B377 and Captain of the Ship for B377.

I also mentioned that, TreeTops observation with me during a livestream on A2A Community Discord as follows:

1. Controls and keybindings seemed to be without conflict.

2. On the ground the elevator smoothly followed the movements of the joystick, as did the trim tab.

3. However once in the air (with a COG well within limits and neutral trim), speed slowly increasing and reducing flaps, the joystick required 90-100% forward movement (elevator showing 90-100% down) just to maintain required pitch of 0-1000 fpm. This behavior remained the same at full clean configuration in level flight up near 200 knots.

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I have been following this post and tried out the 377 today and found that the only way to takeoff and keep the aircraft in the air is to trim the aircraft full down on takeoff and keep it there to keep it from stalling and falling out of the sky. The 172 also needs a lot of trim down as with the t-6. I am using FSX Steam as a sim. I had no problems with the aircraft up until a couple weeks ago when Steam did an update. There have been no changes to my system or addons. all other A2A aircraft seem to be flying normal. I will try out all of my A2A aircraft and do a follow up after my flights.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

So I took all of my A2A aircraft up for a buzz, The B-17, P-40, Spitfire, P-51, T-6, Comanche 250 , C-172, B-377 with captain of the ship, and the Connie and found that the only aircraft that were wonkie with the trim having to be in a full or almost full down position were the C-172 and the B-377. The 377 had to have a full down trim to be able to fly with the 172 almost having to be full down to fly. The T-6 had to have a little more trim down than usual but not enough to be a bother. As I had said in my above post all of the planes had flow perfect in the Steam version of FSX until an update made a few weeks ago which is when I first noticed a difference, I have made no changes to my setup since I purchased my new computer and Steam a year ago. I hope that this will shed some light on the problem and a fix will be able to be made. I am also using a Saitek X52 Pro as a flight controller and have checked all settings for ghost movements in the controller and all is working fine there.

Keep smiling

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 09:31
AbstractArtist wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 04:57 yes, it happens with the 172 too. I should posted in the forums when I first saw it. It happened after I brought it too. Love all A2A planes and thinking of buying the B17 or piper cub next
Ok, so at which point did you notice the issue. Was it after purchasing and installing the 377 or the 172?

If its a new install it would point towards the update not being applied correctly which I can walk you through a manual reinstall of the update if you can confirm when it went from working to not working. Do you have other Accu-sim aircraft, can you let us know how these behave?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
It was after purchasing and installing both the 377 and 172. I can fly the 172 once I put the trim all the way down but it doesn't work for the 377. I also want the b17 one day.

AbstractArtist
Senior Airman

Post by AbstractArtist »

Tug002 wrote: 12 Aug 2022, 09:13 So I took all of my A2A aircraft up for a buzz, The B-17, P-40, Spitfire, P-51, T-6, Comanche 250 , C-172, B-377 with captain of the ship, and the Connie and found that the only aircraft that were wonkie with the trim having to be in a full or almost full down position were the C-172 and the B-377. The 377 had to have a full down trim to be able to fly with the 172 almost having to be full down to fly. The T-6 had to have a little more trim down than usual but not enough to be a bother. As I had said in my above post all of the planes had flow perfect in the Steam version of FSX until an update made a few weeks ago which is when I first noticed a difference, I have made no changes to my setup since I purchased my new computer and Steam a year ago. I hope that this will shed some light on the problem and a fix will be able to be made. I am also using a Saitek X52 Pro as a flight controller and have checked all settings for ghost movements in the controller and all is working fine there.

Keep smiling
I noticed the same thing. I have both 377 and 172 and without trim full down, it can't fly. I am using a Saitek x45 hotas as a flight controller.

new reply

Return to “Boeing 377 Stratocruiser”