P40 owners - listen closely to your Allison

With the Flying Tigers shark-toothed paint, the P40 is the most famous fighter of the second world war.
new reply
Scott - A2A
A2A General

P40 owners - listen closely to your Allison

Post by Scott - A2A »

I say, "P40 owners" because, with this aircraft, you may even need a registration to fly it. You definately have a beautiful replication of the P40 - the finest we've ever seen or made.

Try this:
Let the aircraft idle on the pavement. Go external and slowly move your viewpoint around. Notice the sound in the front, sides, and rear. This is EXACTLY what you would hear if you were standing at any place around the P40. Notice how the front purrs, and the rear is thoaty as you look down the tail pipes. You will even hear the sound off the prop from the sides.

The recording equipment we use is so precise, that if you are sitting in a room with people, put on headphones (ones that pass through outside sound), record, then shut your eyes and playback, you cannot tell what voices are in the room or on the recording. If you have stereo speakers capable of a lot of volume / bass, put the volume as high as they will go w/o distortion (don't bother anyone who lives in or near you :) ). This will literally put this P40 in your room.

Then go inside. The Allison engine in the p40 has a unique whine, especially at lower RPM's.

You can also try fly bys.

There you have it - a real P40 in your home.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

PhilC
Airman

Post by PhilC »

The fantastic sounds were the first thing I noticed. I couldn't help but go to external view while idling and move around the aircraft. Beautiful.

Flies very nicely also!
PhilC 'Snowman'

Panther_99FS
Staff Sergeant

Post by Panther_99FS »

As someone who really loves sounds - I can truly say you've done an outstanding job here with this Allison :!: 8)

Bomber_12th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Bomber_12th »

As I have not been able to yet get the P-40 (down on funds at the moment due to college) I will say that from my experience with the P-51 and its Merlin sounds, that what you say is exactly true. There are no other merlin sounds that come close to the ones you packed with the Mustang, and I can only immagine that the Allison engine sounds you now have for the P-40 are in the same class if not higher.

el_invasor01
Airman First Class

Post by el_invasor01 »

Just got this baby last night and..... My God Man, Jolly Good Job! Lol, best aircraft out there in terms of sound, it really does rattle me jubblys.

silverfox441
Airman Basic

Re: P40 owners - listen closely to your Allison

Post by silverfox441 »

Yeah, i dove towards the airfield i took off from and did a LOW level flyby with the volume maxed out! I was going like 450ish. My wife came out the bathroom yelling "what the hell??". Haha! Priceless! But the sound, the SOUND! Man!
ImageImageImageImage

c_prowse
Airman

Re: P40 owners - listen closely to your Allison

Post by c_prowse »

Waiting anxiously for the rest of these to be V4 ready. Especially the P-40 and the B-17.

new reply

Return to “P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”